chapter sixteen, 016

NUNYA

NUNYA.
DAVID DESHAWN REYES
sugar hill , harlem ny .
12:26 pm.
excuse mistakes myloves.

DAVID'S LEG SHOOK QUICKLY AS HE EYED THE therapist. kalani had booked him a class with the best therapist in town, he was back on his meds and dd couldn't lie, he felt way better. he felt like his old self.

"david what might have caused this?" MS.BROWN asked, crossing one leg over the other. she pitied the boy.

dd gulped, "a girl."

"is this girl still around?"

"yes." dd mutters. "you need to remove yourself from her."

"i can't do that." dd laughs dryly. "and why not?"

"if im not around her i go crazy."

"maybe that's because your around her too much. distancing yourself from her will remove the possibility of that craziness." she informs.

dd shook his head, "no it won't."

"dd yes it will. i've seen this happen with other patients. you need to remove her from your life, remove everybody. it will only get worse if you continue to be around the person who is making you feel like this."

dd frowns, his mind racing with different thoughts.

"what if i ... hurt myself?" dd blurts.

"you won't. you'll be tempted but with some meds i'll prescribe you it'll help prevent the want to. this is for your good david." ms brown said, sending him a sympathetic look.

dd nods. "how long will it take?"

"with what you told me, i have no idea. your feelings for this girl is strong, they won't go away but they will surely become non noticeable i guess i should say. when she's around you'll be less tempted to want to hurt anyone that's around her."

"our session today is short, but come see me this friday. i expect you to tell me how it felt distancing from the girl."

dd hums, nodding his head while standing up. he wanted to change, he really did miss the old him and would do anything to get it back.

he shook hands with ms brown before leaving out.

he walked all the way to the bus stop before waiting for the bus, his hood of his jacket covering his curls and head.