Will was team manager because his dad Lonnie was the coach. Lonnie was a dick, and Will knew that but nothing he could really do. At the first scrimmage, Mike sat the bench pretty much the whole time. He watched Will get up and give people water, take stats and take film. Will wasn't even playing and he was doing more than Mike.

Mike offered to help and Will took it. As they both say their taking stats and recording the game, a nice, genuine conversation started. They actually enjoyed talking to one another.

That was the last time they did though until now. School was almost out hence the party Nancy was throwing and Mike couldn't believe the innocent boy who was taking care of the football team just a few months ago was drunk right now.

Will wiped his mouth and leaned against the wall instead of over the toilet. Mike took a seat down next to him.

"You know I'm seriously not drunk." Will said. "I just got so nervous seeing all those people out there."

"Promise?" Mike asked. "I don't want any vomit on my floor again."

"Your floor?" Will asked in a sarcastic tone.

"Yes Will. My floor. This is my bathroom you know?"

Will's face turned red cause he really didn't know. He thought it was just a family bathroom.

"But I'll make an exception for you." Mike said, with a smile that wasn't really a smirk but more than just a normal smile.

"And I promise not to throw up on your floor." Will managed to get out.

They smiled at each other for a second before Mike stood up. "Here. Come on." He said grabbing Will's arm.

"Where are we going?" Will asked as he was pulled up off the ground.

"To get you cleaned up."

Mike reached up to grab a plastic cup out of the cupboard above the sink. He filled it with water and handed it to Will. "Some water. You can gargle it or something. Might help get that taste out of your mouth."

Will gargled the water and once he came back up from spitting it out, he saw Mike just staring at him.

"What?"

"Take your sweatshirt off."

"Woah. Don't you want to take me out to dinner first?"

"Quit being so immature. You have puke all over it. I was going to wash it for you?"

"I can't take it off."

"Why?"

"I don't have a shirt on under here."

Mike sighed, opened the door and gestured for Will to follow. They reached a door that said "Michael" and walked in. Mike shut the door behind them, the music and sound of peoples voices instantly going quiet.

Mike started rummaging through his closet while Will took his sweatshirt off. Once Mike found another sweatshirt, the two boys swapped clothes. Will held up Mike's sweatshirt to see it as Mike held Will's sweatshirt as far away from him as possible. He was plugging his nose and scrunching his face in disgust. 

"Okay it is so not that bad". Will said as he walked past. Mike only nodded. When he turned around Will had the sweatshirt on and began walking towards the door. "Thanks for the sweatshirt Mike. I'll get out of your hair."

"No, don't leave." Mike said. "Believe it or not. I actually enjoy your company." Will rolled his eyes. "Okay, so what do you want to do?" He said to the boy who plopped down on the bed.

When Mike didn't say anything Will started walking around the room. "Aww you were so little." He said pointing to a picture of him and Nancy as toddlers. "Don't look at that." Mike said standing up next to him. Will started laughing when he noticed Mikes face going a little red.

"Look you have cake all over your face." Will laughed some more. Mike swatted Will's hand away from the picture. Will pretended it hurt and held it to his chest.

"Oh I'm so sorry. Did I hurt your precious hand?" Mike said with a voice. He took Will's hand in his and gave it a kiss.

Fuck. Why was that actually kind of cute? I swore to myself I would never like him just because he was the only other gay kid in school but I genuinely like spending time with him. And I think he does too? I mean he did ask me to stay earlier.

Mike caught Will blushing and he couldn't help but feel his stomach do a flip. He never really talked to Will before this year. Yeah sure it would've been nice to reach out to him because they were both going through the same thing but it just never happened.

They held eye contact for a little. Will with his soft eyes and Mike who started blushing like an idiot. Soon, they broke into a small fit of laughter and Mike let go of Will's hand. Once they settled down, Mike began to talk.

"What made you want to be team manager so bad?" He asked. Will laughed. "I didn't. But you know my dads the coach and he was pissed that I wouldn't actually play so team manager was the closest option. It wasn't all that bad though. Why'd you quit?" He finished.

Mike sighed and sat on his bed. Will followed after. "Didn't fit in, you know?" He said. "People weren't rude to you, we're they?" Will asked. "No no, nothing like that. I just didn't have anything in common with those guys. And I wasn't all that great either. Believe it or not."

"What? No way. You were clearly one of the best on the team." Will said in a sarcastic tone. They started laughing again.

This time Mike couldn't help it. When Will broke eye contact he kept staring, just admiring the boy. Will looked over and saw.

"What?" He asked, slightly laughing.

"Why have we never talked before this?" Mike asked, still admiring.

"I guess we just never had a reason to." Will shrugged.

"Well we do now."

"Oh yeah? And why is that?"

"Because I like talking to you." Mike smiled.

Will let out a heavy breath. He didn't realize how close they were getting.

"I like talking to you too." He said back, almost a whisper.

Will turned away out of nerve but Mike used his finger to turn him back. Soon his whole hand was holding onto Will's chin. Mike gave him a look and Will knew exactly what it meant.

He nodded the slightest inch.

Mikes head lifted to connect their lips. The kiss moving slowly at first, then speeding up. Mike seriously wondered how they had never talked before. Mike pushed Will back onto his pillows, hovering over top of him.

Mike felt fingers running through his hair and Will felt Mike tugging at his sweatshirt. "What? You want it back?" He smirked.

"No it looks better on you. Or maybe off of you." He laughed and leaned in once again.

WOAHHHHH getting pretty heated at the end