"can we talk?" prt 2

Part two to the other fanfic. Sorry about the cliffhanger, kinda. Seriously though I love you all. Thanks for reading.

Mike and Will sat there hugging on the Byers front porch for longer than they intended. Neither of the boys could bring themselves to pull away. They knew once they did that it would be the last time for a while. Mike glanced over to see Nancy and Jonathan still talking in the car. He heard Will sniffle a couple of times. Great. He made the boy cry.

"I'm sorry Mike." Will said. The boys continued hugging and crying. "For moving. Destroying everything. And I mean everything. If I would've been more careful that night none of this would've happened. I- I'm sorry." Will broke out in tears. Mike pulled away from the hug and grabbed Wills shoulders.

"Will none of that is your fault. Do you hear me? None of it. None of the stuff that happened to us, to you, to Hawkins, none of that was your fault!" Mike said. Will continued to cry. Mike looked down at his tear stained face. "I promise." Mike said gently.

Will looked up at Mike and stopped crying. If Mike was being honest, crying really brought out the beauty in Will. The long lashes, glossy eyes, the red puffy cheeks. Will always got those when he was nervous, and he hated it. But Mike thought it was adorable.

Will buried his face in Mike's chest. Mike wrapped his arms around Will's torso and planted his chin on top of Will's head. "I love you." He said. Will gave a short chuckle and sniffled. "I love you too." He said. "No I really mean it this time." He said. Will began to pull away and laughed a bit. "Did you not mean it every other time?" He said, joking.

Mike paused for a second, thinking of what to say. "As more than friends." He blurted out. Will looked up from his shoes. He stared at Mike, a confused expression plastered over his face. "Actually?" Will asked. Mike shook his head. "Never mind. Forget I said tha-" he was cut off.

"Are you being serious? Mike I swear to god if you're lying to me right now-" Will said. "What? No, no. Why would I lie?" Mike protested. "Just to mess with me or something. I don't know." Will said. "Wait so do you feel the same way?" Mike stood there. Will smiled and leaned in.

Where the hell did Will get this sudden burst of confidence? Why am I the one freaking out? It's usually the other way around. God, Will Byers will be the death of me.

Before they knew it, their lips were connected. It felt, well... it felt right. Like it should have and should always be this way. Me and Will, together. It felt like nothing else in the world mattered.

"Wooooo!" Jonathan and Nancy cheered and clapped when we pulled away. I looked up and smiled. Will's face went red and he buried his head in my shoulder. We both laughed. After about 10 or so minutes of talking, we parted our ways. Will pecked Mike's lips. "I love you." He said. "I love you, too." Mike replied.

Will hopped into the car and smiled to himself as Jonathan pulled out of the driveway. "Forgot a bag and ended up confessing your love to your life long best friend huh? Oh, and a kiss?" Jonathan joked. "Boy am I glad I forgot." Will smiled.

Nancy opened her car door and turned around to Mike. "Well gosh. Maybe Will should forget stuff more often." Nancy said. "Agreed." Mike smiled. "Bike straight home." She called out the window and drove away. Mike nodded and followed after her.

All because of a bag.