Arriving

We had arrived outside of Jackson two weeks ago, we found a farm house for just the two of us, well soon to be three. Joel would've loved this house.
"There you are Ellie, I had this great idea to get goats for the farm. It's very empty and depressing at the moment."
I looked at Dina and smiled, "I think that is a good idea." She took my hand and we walked back to the house together.

She was still recovering from the arrow in her shoulder so every night I put salve on her shoulder and she would watch me. I found it cute, I mean who wouldn't? Dina was trying so hard to have a cheerful attitude but ever since Jesse died she was acting off. I had never seen her like this, I thinks he just needs some time.
"It's getting late, Ellie, lets go up to bed," I couldn't agree more with Dina, so many things were happening, the move and I wasn't getting much sleep due to Abby. I couldn't stop thinking about her, not in a weird way, I just wanted her dead.

"Ellie," Dina shook me awake. Her tone was low, I could sense fear in her eyes.
"What's the matter, babe?"
We got out of bed and I could hear noises coming from downstairs.
"You stay here I will take care of it," I said as she nodded and walked back to the room. I quietly walked down the rickety steps to find a clicker. "No big deal," I told myself, "they are just blind fuckers." I went through the old rooms and slowly crept behind it. I took it out and dragged it out of the house.

Dina met me outside, "Just checking to make sure things are okay," she made a half smile and held her stomach. I ran towards her.
"Hey it's okay," I comforted her, she collapsed on the ground and groaned.
"Ellie-"
"Shh, I got you," I knelt down and picked her up. She grabbed onto me and squeezed my arm.
"I think it's coming," she whispered into my ear. I felt confused and happy and relieved.
"Let's get you inside," was all I could manage to get out. I felt so stupid after saying that, what was I thinking?

"ELLIE," Dina screamed.
"I got you, just try to calm down," I held her stomach as she turned her head the opposite direction to vomit.
"Ellie I'm scared," she started to cry.
"Dina, don't worry you as long as I'm here you will be okay," she smiled through her tears and touched her bracelet that was still on my wrist. I tucked her hair behind her ear, she started breathing heavy and squeezed my hand. She screamed.