20: The Surprise.

Start from the beginning

Nabi's heart began to race a little as she imagined many scenarios of what Mark had planned. Did he want to have a surprise dinner for the both of them? Did he prepare a fun trip for just the two of them? Or was it something to do with his career? Maybe a music video shoot?

 Did he want to have a surprise dinner for the both of them? Did he prepare a fun trip for just the two of them? Or was it something to do with his career? Maybe a music video shoot?

Her mind was running with thoughts of what Mark had prepared. Even work wasn't able to keep her mind off of it, no matter how busy she was. When she got back home, it was almost 9pm and she never threw her work clothes off her body that fast.
She took a quick shower just to freshen up and put on an outfit that was in between a formal one or one that could go as casual as well.

When she noticed an unknown number calling her phone, she knew it must've been Mark's personal driver. Crazy how things change once you get signed by an entertainment company.
Once she walked towards the car, she chuckled at how the guy was just standing there, waiting to open the door for her. It made her feel a bit strange, but she kind of liked it a lot a the same time. She greeted him with the sweetest smile and hopped into the car. The whole car ride was silent, Nabi didn't even try to chat up the driver who seemed a little too intimidating to strike up a conversation with. Instead, she looked outside the window until they reached their destination.

When the chauffeur opened the door for her again, she furrowed her brows but her eyes quickly widened once she realized where she was. The tall building with a huge SM Entertainment sign was right before her eyes and she couldn't help but cover her mouth that dropped wide open. She then glanced at few girls with huge cameras, looking at her a little weirdly as if wondering if she was a trainee or some idol's secret girlfriend.

A woman suddenly came out to greet Nabi, who bowed at 90 degrees. The pretty lady gestured the girl to follow behind her and Nabi's eyes couldn't keep up with everything she was seeing inside the building. She wanted to scream every time someone she recognized was walking in front of her or just roaming around the whole place. It was surreal how that was her life now and she frankly couldn't believe it.

The lady, whoever she was, opened the door that was labeled as Recording Studio A. When Nabi walked in, Mark's voice filled the room as he rapped with as much passion as always. The woman closed the door behind Nabi, startling her since her focus was on Mark, and then everyone turned around to the noise of the door too.

"Yo! You're here!" Mark took off his headset and rushed out of the recording booth.

Nabi bowed to everyone - she had no idea about their professional job names so in her head she just called them all producers. "What is going on?!" she whispered excitedly as Mark wrapped his arms around her.

"I thought you'd like to see how the real recording is going."

"Hell yeah?!" she smiled widely and Mark's pearly whites showed too. He was even more excited to show his best friend - and according to her, his biggest fan - him in action, doing what he loved the most.