Chapter 18 Don't you dare leave me

Začít od začátku

“Of course princess” Griot responds

“Okoye set y/n down on that table” I commend her and she does as she’s told without question

“Griot what is my sister’s heart rate”

Griot responds “ princess Y/n heart rate has decreased to 25 beats per minute”

As he says this, I panic even more and quickly scrounge through my cupboards, gathering everything I need before sprinting over to her table and cleaning and stitching up her gash in her side before attempting to get most of the water out of her lungs.

“ princess I don't mean to alarm you but Y/n’s heart rate has now decreased to 15 beats per minute” Griot tell’s shuri showing her vitals.

“Don't you dare leave me Y/n. You promised that you would be with me forever. I cant loose you too” I say tear’s streaming down my face

Okoye hold’s Shuri close as they both cry and my leg’s gives way and I sink to the floor wanting to be shallowed whole and forget about my grief and pain all together.

Riri walk’s in to see Y/n on the table and my bloodshot eye’s and she immediately understood “is she- is she dead” she ask’s shakily

“Not yet I cant save her I don't have enough time for the processor to take place.” I sob into Okoye’s shoulder.

“Don't worry Shuri we will find who is responsible for this.”

“What about cryo freeze they could give you enough time to figure out how to help her?.” She questions and I look at her

“That could work or make it worse its a 50% 50% chance” I say my breathing shakily.

Okoye speaks up gently “it’s still a chance Shuri we have to try”

I quickly get up and tell Griot to get the chamber ready swiftly and we program y/n’s table to follow us and we was though two double door’s. As we enter awe get hit with the cold of the room.

“Okoye help me pick y/n up” she nod’s and gently picks her up watching her injuries while I open the chambers door and okoye gently put’s y/n in.

Once she was strapped in he swiftly close the door and set the temperature to –200 to –300 degrees Fahrenheit. When it’s set it start to freeze her body and we can start to prepare the processor.

“Shuri why not try to recreate the heart shaped herb it could be what she need’s to survive and we have time while she is in cryo freeze” Riri question the princess.

I think for a moment before waling back into my lab and walking over to my dead plant that was ment to produce the herb as my hands slides down the leaf and it falls to the floor. I walk over to my desk with the bracelet Namor gave me.

I grab one of my kimoyo beads and scan the bracelets up and down.

“Since this was grown from vibranium- rich soil, the might share some base-level similarities, that we can exploit.” I say as I throw my kimoyo bead to the side and a hologram of a DNA appears.

“As you wish princess” Griot complies.

“Please upload my brother’s DNA also.”

“Uploading now.” Griot responds and T’Challa’s DNA appears.

I start playing around with the DNA for a couple of hour’s looking at the clock every so often praying to bast that I will find the answers  sooner than later. I give up on the DNA for a little while then working on the new suit design for the Dora Milaje that was on the holographic screen with Riri.

“In that attack, before he took out your plane, he jumped back into the water. What is thats what makes him strong?” Riri point’s out.

“ He’s breathing Air and getting oxygen from the water on his skin. If he could find a way to dry his ass out, he won’t be as strong.”

Griot speaks up “ we need to convert the royal talon fighter into a perspiration chamber.”

“Is that even possible?” Riri question’s.

“Yes.”

“You’re going to help us trap him.” I say pointing at her.

One of my scientist show Riri where she will be working I start working again my mind unfocused only thinking about Y/n. I look to my left through the windows to her room and I start speed walking back over to the DNA hologram to continue my working.

Riri walk’s over to me “ Shuri if the heart-shape herb work’s won’t she become the new black panther?”

“No she never wanted that mantel so I will take over it” I say pointing to the DNA hologram to my left “this one I'm working on is y/n’s.”

“Ok.” She gives me a thumbs and walks back up the stairs to her desk.

I press on my kimoyo beads and ask for Okoye to come in. A couple minuted pass when she walks in and I lead her over to the new suit design for the Dora Milaje that was on the holographic screen.

“ I was the tip of the spear of Wakanda's army. This is not me.” Okoye say’s shaking her head.

“Besides I'm a civilian now. I turned in my weapon” she say’s looking away from me.

“I built you a new spear as well” Okoye gives me a side eye “ a new one” she say’s as if it was illegal.

“Yes”

She takes a deep breath “what is this contraption’s name anyway?” She questions the ugly looking suit.

“The midnight angel.”

“Midnight angel?” She say’s is disgust.

“This will even the odd’s against them. Sister, I need you to be ready when I call you.” I say and she look’s at me deciding her options.

“What of y/n?” She question’s me and I look down before responding “I'm still working on the herb but I can feel I'm close.”

She nod’s before walking out to find Aneka