Part 5. Two New Acquaintances

Start from the beginning

I want to wakeup 

And laugh it of 

Saying it was only a dream
But
Your gone, your gone during the Sakura Blossoms 
Why did you leave me here alone?

Now I try to sing songs to pass the grief
I try to close my eyes 
tell myself it could all be a lie
But when the seasons change so quick
you aren't there to smile 
should I just let these tears fall?
What am I supposed to say to my heart? 

===================================

"Hello...oh..." You greeted but, your words trailed when you saw Tanjiro unconscious and wounded slightly, your first thought was that he had passed due to exhaustion. It was a valid assumption he had been working himself like an animal and had passed out. 

You checked to see if your assumption was correct, but then you noticed odd bruises over his face, his checkered haori looked like it was thrown on the mud and rubbed against till it was dirty. 
He had fresh scratches, and looked a little dry like he was fighting. 

"Will he be, okay?" A soft worried voice cut your chain of thoughts as you were surprised to see a young girl with a flowery kimono, with a gentle look in her big blueish black eyes.  She was crouching down not so far away from yourself. 

(Where did she come from? I didn't think anyone was here?) 

She turned her attention back to you, when she did not get an answer.

"He should be alright...you are?" You asked,

"I'm Makomo, I was here during the fight and I wanted to make sure he was okay."

"Fight?" 

"There was another boy over here his name is Sabito and a training took place."

"You just told it was a fight?" 

"It was not meant to be a fight."

"But it was a fight?" 

Makomo looked at you and smiled softly, "Is he your brother?" 

"No, he's my friend...what about that boy... Sabito? is he your brother?"

"Urukodaki took us in when we were orphans. I trained under him." Makomo looked at Tanjiro then at you, "Will you take him back to the house?" 

"I was going to..." 

Makomo smiled before walking away in the dense forests before her silhouette disappeared. 

========================================

You were having dinner with Tanjiro outside the cottage, enjoying the warm summer air you turned to Tanjiro and questioned him about the incident,

"Tanjiro who were you fighting with this evening?" You asked.

"Hm? Oh... There was this boy who had beautiful swordsman ship, he was fighting with a wooden sword but I was no match against him he appeared out of nowhere and challenged me." 

"He fought you with a wooden sword?" You asked surprised and got a little giggling going on, 

"Y/n don't laugh at me like that, He was to strong." Tanjiro's cheeks burned with embarrassment. 

"He sounds really strong, was he good looking?" You questioned.

"Huh?... what?" 

"Was he good looking?" 

"Y/n... I-I don't know he was wearing a mask." Tanjiro stuttered. At your unusually odd questions. 

"Sorry... for that... I was just curious."

"I think your getting a little to curious." Tanjiro nervously chuckled. 

 Was he about your age?" 

"He looked a year or two younger than me." 

"What was he doing in the woods all alone?" 

"Y/n...I..."

"What was his breathing style?" 

"I'm not... sure..." 

"Was he someone close to Uukodaki sensi?"

"I have no idea?" Tanjiro slowly said, "I have no idea to any of the questions I was asking myself the same." 

"Oh... Sorry I got a bit carried away." You laughed. 

"No problem Y/n." Tanjiro smiled. 

"I also met a girl who was just as odd like who you met."

"Really?" 

"Yes, She was a girl of a short structure, and she was there first when I found you unconscious." You said. 

"They were so odd, where did they come from? who were they?" 

You suddenly recalled what the girl told you, "Meet me here tomorrow Y/n." 

"She told me to meet her tomorrow, come with me maybe we'll meet them again?" You suggested. 

Tanjiro nodded smiling. 

============================

Tanjiro closed the journal when he finished writing and saw Nezuko who had not budged but, looked peaceful, next to her he saw you who bundled yourself under the blanket to cover the light of Tanjiro's lamp. Soundly sleeping. 
Everything was quiet
Which was scary 
but, also peaceful.