Chapter 69 - 34+35

Start from the beginning

Kakucho stopped walking but didn't say anything, which pretty much answered my question.

"You know how you asked me if I was alright earlier?" I slowly stood up from the bed and walked over to him. "I'm actually feeling a little stress and I need your help."

"(Y/n), I know what you're up to."

"Well." I grabbed his hand and made him turn around to look at me. "If you know, then won't you help me out?" I tried to put every ounce of sex appeal in my tone of voice and facial expressions.

"Look, (Y/n)" he used his other hand to remove my hand from his but I wouldn't let go. "I'm not saying I don't want to have sex with you, but you have to understand where I'm coming from."

"What do you mean?" I let his hand go. "I thought you said you had feelings for me or was I right about you just saying and doing things for me because it's your job?" The horny in me was slowly vanishing and being replaced with anger. "I was actually starting to believe I might be okay with how my life is now, but I guess I was fucking wrong!" I turned away from him. "For fuck sake, (Y/n)! You can't help but feel fucking goofy when one of those assholes seem like they give a shit about you!" I walked back towards the bed. "You should have known long time ago they just wanted to fuck with you." I sat on the bed. "Mikey should have just killed me back at that hotel."

"Don't say that, (Y/n)."

"You shut up!" I shot a glare at him. "Don't act like you give a damn about me now!"

"I do." He walked over to me. "I've felt bad about everything that's happen to you since we first cornered you in that apartment."

"If you felt ''bad'' for me, you should have helped me get away."

"I couldn't, it's..."

"Your job to keep me locked up and watch over me." I held my hand up and made a blah, blah, blah motion. "I don't need to hear your excuses."

We stopped talking to each other for about ten minutes. I didn't really have anything else to say and knew I was acting like this because it felt like he rejected me. I knew Kakucho was just playing nice with me all this time, but a girl just wanted to believe one of them cared about her, even if it was just a little bit. "It's just like how it was months ago" I thought. "I don't really know what I want anymore" I continued to think. "Do I actually want to live whatever days I have left with Bonten or do I actually want to be free from them and all of this?" I quietly asked myself as I felt the bed shift.

"I always thought I locked away my feelings for worrying about another individual, but that changed the more I got to know you" Kakucho started.

I didn't say anything and just listened to him.

"A lot of terrible things have happened in my life and I didn't want something to happened to you if my feelings for caring about you got out."

I still didn't say anything.

"I know you probably think I'm full of shit..."

"I do."

He chuckled a bit. "I know, but I don't want you to think I didn't find you attractive or anything when I didn't take you up on your offer." He slowly reached over and grabbed my hand, holding it. "I actually wanted to push you onto this bed and show you why you shouldn't be so careless around me, but I had to refrain myself from doing that."

"You should have, I wouldn't have mind."

"I would." He stared into my eyes. "I don't want you to think I'm like the others and just want to have sex with you without a care in the world." He used his other hand to gently grab my chin and turn my face towards him. "I want you to know that I genuinely care about you (Y/n) and I'm sorry for upsetting you." He brought me in for a kiss and I was a little hesitant on kissing him back right away. "I just wish we were able to meet under different conditions" he told me after he kissed me.