Partners in crime 🖤 ~ 2

Sivaangi rushed to the court when she received the information that the murderer surrendered himself to the police the previous night. She had to tip one of Ashwin's junior Sakthi to gather these information, as the 5,11 strict officer was reluctant in sharing his no.

Before she could enter the cabin Ashwin came out and muttered "follow me" as he walked past her making her run behind him with her defeciant legs.

He got into his car and eyed her to get in, she settled herself in the passenger seat wearing the seatbelt as he started the car.

"Sir, kola pannavan surrender aaitanaame ena sir ivlo sappaya case mudinchu" she initiated the convo and Ashwin shook his head biting his lips.

"Athaan double check panna poitrukom"

"Double check what?" She asked as the car came to a halt

They were stopped behind a complex building

"Surrender aanavan veedu, na morning avanta statement eduthappo I felt like he's hiding something so...."

He got down and Sivaangi followed him "Sooooo?"

He eyed her and looked back at the house in the first floor and glanced her back.

She looked at the house and him and shook her head vigorously

"Ahhh no no no no, sir it's very difficult to break into that house"

Ashwin stayed mum putting his hands inside his pockets and Sivaangi sighed closing her eyes.

_^_

Sivaangi climbed up the wall with the help of Ashwin and held onto the fire escape in the side of the building, she jumped to the fire escape and held the railing for balance as she ascended the stairs.

She had to stretch a lot to jump into the house's back window and looked down for a bit. Shutting her eyes in reflex sensing the height she cursed the man who is making her do this with beautiful words as she opened the window and let her small frame inside.

She huffed straightening herself pushing her hair back dramatically and stepped towards the main door.

She opened the door and found Ashwin standing there with his coolers smirking and let himself in pushing her aside as he removed his glasses.

"Your welcome" Sivaangi spoke sarcastically and locked the door glaring at him.

Ashwin looked around the compact 1 bedroom house and Sivaangi looked here and there not knowing what she's searching for.

Ashwin cracked his neck after a while not finding anything and Sivaangi opened the cupboard fiddling under his clothes.

She felt something inbetween and pulled it out. It was a picture of a man and a woman and she showed Ashwin if this was of any help.

"Ithaan Raju, the guy who surrendered intha ponnu yaarnu therla" he flipped the photo to look at the empty back side.

"May be his girlfriend" Sivaangi shrugged and Ashwin sighed keeping the picture inside his coat.

"Something better than nothing" he muttered and they both went outside carefully to not bother the other residents or make them suspicious and got inside the car.

"What was Raju's statement?" Sivaangi asked after sometime

"Raju sometimes goes as an acting driver for Maaran, eppome he treats him very badly itseems and this time it got out of hand and he did it in an impulse nu soldran" he answered focusing on the road

"Forensic reports um Avan fingerprints oda match aairku" he continued and Sivaangi asked

"Still u don't believe him?" She raised her eyebrows