Inescapable

"Do you have anywhere to be tomorrow?" Hiyori asked innocently, fully fitting into a loose long sleeve.

Jun peeked from the couch, "Not really. . But, tomorrow I'm supposed to get a mail for the scholarship. ."

"Seriously?" Hiyori jumped onto the couch, squishing next to Jun. "Sorry for dragging you here then. ."

"No, I prefer it." Jun rested his head on Tomoe, "If I were home, I'd probably be too anxious to sleep.

"Your hard work will pay off~" Hiyori encouraged, staring blankly at the black tv screen in front of them. "What university would you go to? My parents already gave me a list of some pretty good schools, I don't really like the idea of not being able to choose one from scratch, but at least they gave me some kind of choice."

Jun bit his cheek, "I think I might go out of the country." He paused, "Japan feels too small. I'd want to explore somewhere else, like Europe or America. I looked at a few schools that have some of my interests. ."

Hiyori looked up at him, "What about the language barrier?"

"I learn quickly~" Sazanami chuckled.

"The school year is about to end. ." Tomoe commented blankly.

"That's alright." Jun smiled at him.

"I don't want it to end." Hiyori closed his eyes, too stressed to process anything to a moderate amount. It seemed as his life was falling apart, all over some boy he met a few months ago. They're so young yet the impact the younger left on him was bigger than any. 

"That's normal." Jun played with Hiyori's hair. Tomoe was someone who's stuck in the past, someone that no matter how much they grow, their past drags them back down. It's really not his fault, he was born into this cycle that he can't get rid of. Sazanami was one who always lived for the future, the present was too late for him. He always planned ahead, always had a destination in mind. 

Jun placed a kiss to his head. "You're going to be just fine. You'll go to university and you'll find a job that's perfect for you. At the end of the day you'll go home to your wife, who you will have eventually grown close to over time. You'll tell each other stories and you'll make dinner together. You'll go to bed together and sleep soundly on your favorite mattress." He smiled at the teary boy.

All Tomoe would ever want is to go home to the boy next to him everyday.

It's weird, he's never felt like this even with people he's dated. It's not like he didn't like the people he dated, Hiyori wasn't that type of person; More like, he didn't like them this much. 

"And you?" He sniffled.

Sazanami's eyes widened for only a second. "How about you tell me?" He kept playing with the boy's hair.

Tomoe thought for a while, "School will end and you'll say bye to all of your classmates and family, and you'll hop on a plane to Europe."

"Wow, so detailed~" Jun laughed.

Hiyori pouted, "You'll arrive in Europe and settle, in yet again, another dorm. You'll go to university and graduate with perfect everything, you'll get your dream job, and you'll get super wealthy. Even wealthier than my family. You'll come back to Japan to visit sometimes, and you'll make sure to schedule to meet with me every. single. time." He poked the boy.

"Ow-" Jun squeaked, "Will you be so busy that you'll have your friends schedule appointments with you?"

Tomoe smiled, "Well, I guess you're  an exception. As long as I don't have to schedule with you."