Chapter 1

Have you ever wondered how other people view you? I sometimes wish I could see myself from their perspective, you know? Guess we'll never know.

I just know he's here, I can feel his presence. No, I still don't know who this guy is and why he's stalking me and no I don't know if it's him following me, but I just have this feeling that it's him.

I feel with my hand through my bag, looking for my pepper spray that I always keep incase of an emergency. Walking slightly faster towards my car, already having my car keys out.

A hand grabs ahold of my wrist and spins me around, I suck in a breath.

Is this it? The moment it all ends?

My eyes focus on bright yellow one's and I gasp. How strange, their almost glowing.

I scan his face, noticing defined cheekbones, thick black brows frowning down at me, soft lips and slight stubble all over his sharp jaw.

Thick dark hair slightly covering his eyes that are also scanning over my face. His eyes jump to meet my own, I don't feel scared or worried while glancing up at him. No, all I feel is familiarity... as if we've met before long ago. But we're strangers, why do I feel like I know him and like he knows me.

"You must return Alisson," he almost whispers to me.

"How do you know my name?" I struggle talking above a whisper. He tightens his hand around my wrist.

"We need you to come back," this time he speaks louder. For the first time I can hear the roughness of his voice, vibrating through me, I shiver.

Before I can speak another word he disappears into thin air only leaving the strong scent like pine wood.

"How does someone just vanish into thin air, Al," Maya laughs falling over from her sitting positions on my bed. Sighing I run a hand over my face, feeling slightly insane about telling her about the previous night's events. It's currently Saturday and instead of going out or having a social life like most teenagers, Maya and I are sitting in my room watching Bridgerton while I tell her my theories about the new guy, which she still argues doesn't exist. Sitting upright from my laying position I grab her face with both hands and slightly squish her face, looking her in her eyes.

"I'm not going insane. You must believe me!" I nearly beg. Groaning I let her go and stand up. Pacing my room a few times while Maya just watches me silently, before I dart downstairs. I grab two cupcakes out of the fridge and walk back upstairs dropping next to her on the bed, she takes one while I start licking the delicious blue icing off of the cupcake.

"I'm sorry Al, I wish I could believe you but you have to be hearing yourself. You honestly sound insane," she lays her head on my shoulder. I already know that I sound insane and I don't blame her for not believing me but I know he's real. It all happened. No matter how strange it was, it happened.

My phone ringing catches my attention, my mind immediately goes to the new guy. Cautiously I answer, "Hello?"

I take in a deep breath, "Hey Alissa, are you and Maya still gonna join us tonight at Austin's house? Inner circle only," Blaire's voice comes out of the phone. I exhale the breath I was holding and answer in a chirpy voice that we'll be there.

When actually I would much rather stay home, but as my duty to my friends I stand up and start getting ready for the hang out.

Maya and I hop into my yellow Beetle and immediately Maya starts playing some of our favorite songs, like "Blank space by Taylor swift". I turn up the volume while Maya and I scream the lyrics word for word. #Swiftie4life