School (Chapter 1)

"Get out your books and flip to page 140.We are going to read the book now. Uh ... Swix you read first."

I opened my huge history book to page 140 and . 'Fifty years ago sweets and vegetables were friends. Something happened between them. There was a war between both of em. The legend says a hero will come upon us and possibly bring us all back together.' I read in the book this sounds like a stupid fairy tale.

"Smittle please read the next paragraph," Ms. Lolli told them. 'The war was in 1974 49 years ago. The war was not the first; this was the second war between the candies and the vegetables. The Vegetable King and Candy Mayor agreed to split their worlds in half dividing vegetables and sweets to keep each kingdom safe. No one knows exactly what happened between the two. All everyone knows is that everyone had to split apart but the good news was the war was over.' Skittles read.

Smittles raised their hand after they finished reading and asked a very odd question.

"Yes?" Ms. Lolli asks.

"Ms.Lolli, do you think the legend in the first paragraph is true? Is it a prediction or something someone made up to make everyone feel better?"

Ms.Lolli looked at Smittles as well as the class and smashed the book closed loudly.

"Class is dismissed!" Ms.Lolli shouted.

On the way to lunch, my brother and I hear someone sobbing, a voice no one can forget. They both walk around the corner and see Brunch pushing Smittles against the wall and dumping food on their head.

"Hey! leave them alone," I yelled. Brunch did a low growl and turned his head towards the brothers.

"Do you know who you're talking to?" Brunch said in a low voice. I go to Brunch with a smug smile and pop his balloon muscles with a pin. Brunch tried to put the balloons back but it didn't work and everyone laughed at him.

"Why would you do that?" Brunch said in tears. Then Bunch shouted,

"You're going to regret that." He ran away throughout the hall.

"Thank you, Swix and Snicks!" Smittles said smiling. I asked,

"Do you want to eat lunch with us?" Smittles replied, "Sure I would love to." So all three of us walked away to the cafeteria. After lunch, we all went to our next class which was the gym.