And other days you argued with him and hated his choice of outfit, or the way he bugged you endlessly for something. The way he teased you for something so utterly stupid, yet cute in a sense. 

It wasn't awkward, but you were a crying mess because he went out with another girl. It had been established many, many times you were both two single people and could do as you pleased. He wasn't doing anything wrong, but in you selfishly wanted him for yourself and the longer time passed by, the more you wondered.

How happy he probably was with that girl and how he'll gloat about the way she looked, and what she wore, and how she was. Something that will surely tick you later when he, or you, called. 

More tears came down your cheeks as he lifted your knees to your chest, an utter mess of sadness as you sniffled. Choking on your cries as your lip quivered and arms hugged around your teddy bear, needing that bit of support.

It was as if your mind had been read moments ago and you looked up to the night table. The phone was ringing, the curly long cord dangling off the side as the entire dock vibrated from the ringing. Quietly, you looked away and his your face in your knee, hating yourself for crying over something so petty.

As it continued ringing, your mind raged a little and with widened eyes, you tiredly reached over to the phone. Hand slapping on it as you searched for it and finally you grabbed hold of it. Pulling the cord, using your foot to untangle it, you let out a low sigh before answering. 

"Hello?" A softness to your hurt voice tried hiding your sadness, but you knew well anyone could tell you'd been sobbing.

"Yooo, you coming later with the rest of us?" The one person you dreaded listening to, was the person on the other end of the line.

"Um. . ." With a low sigh, you wiped your face as if it would make you less sad sounding and sat up in the middle of your bed. Blankets piled on your lap and the few pillows and stuffies fell to the floor. "I don't know."

"Come on, everyone's gonna be there."

"I'm not sure, Lester."

"Well, hey, I can even come get you if you don't wanna drive." He laughed, knowing that sometimes you hated driving because no matter how often you obeyed the rules, no one else did. You did tend to get road rage after a while of being 'nice' on the road when others were asshole drivers.

You grew quiet, your thoughts taking over as you wondered if the girl was with him. Maybe she was hovering over his shoulder. Maybe she was listening in on your conversation. Maybe she was beyond hot with a thick ass and sweet lips. 

"Y/N?" He questioned. Still silent you were. "Hey, Y/N?" He asked again. "Did you fall asleep or something?" He laughed to himself quietly.

"Look, Averman, I have to go-"

"What?" He cut you off. "Where do you have to be right now?"

"Just out." You tried changing subjects, not needing him to persist. It was bad enough you felt like shit in the first place and talking to him made you feel worst than you were. As much as you longed to talk to him, it also hurt knowing he wasn't talking to you because he wanted to, but because he was asking you something.

"Nah, nah." He told you. "You get all weird and quiet when something's up, so what's up?"

"Nothing." You flatly spoke.

He wasn't buying it. "Don't make me come over and sit on you." He chuckled. "No, seriously, what's up, Y/N?"

Eyes sauntered around the room as you gulped, feeling the frog build up in your throat as it grew sore.