Chapter 3: Comfort Under Rain

Start from the beginning

Din let out a small, relieved groan, relaxing a bit as he checked his wound. Then he watched as you quickly went to your supplies to grab something. The child waddled over to him and placed his head on his leg. All worried for his guardian. Din reached down patting his head, "I'm fine, kid."

"Are you hungry?" You popped up from behind the wall next to them. Under your left arm are dry clothes, while your towel is on your shoulder and your hair down allowing you to dry your hair.

"I'm okay."

"Perhaps something for the little one then." You smiled down at the child who ears perked up at the sound of food. You look back up to see that the metal man has hesitated a bit before nodding. Your smile widening until you remembered.

"Oh. Here. Some dry clothes. Refresher's is down there on the left. Towel is already in there." You set the clothes next to him and pointed the direction.

"Oh. You don't have to-"

You stopped him, "No. You must. You might be sick and I rather you be out of those wet clothes as soon as possible to stop you from getting more sicker. And don't worry, I'll watch over him. This is my ship so we aren't going anywhere. You have my word."

You lightly placed your hand on the side of his shoulder, tilting your head to the side, awaiting for his approval.

His head tilt up at you and apparently there's probably no way out of this. And after all you've done for the kid as well as for him, he might as well give in just a bit more.

"Thank you... Again. You really didn't have to." He stood up, grabbing the clothes you gave him. His head turned to you.

You shrugged, placing your hands behind your back with a smile. "You're welcome. Saw a person in need so it's only natural, for me at least, to want to help."

"Those clothes should fit you, so you'll be nice and snug in here once you're done." You picked up the child who made grabby hands up at you. "And you... Let's get you something to munch on, hm? Maybe some clothes as well... I already started washing your robe. So it should be dry the next morning. "

Your voice began to blur and Din watched as you turned, talking sweetness to the little one, and he let the image stay permanently in his mind.

And for the first time in a while, he somehow felt a bit safer in this old ship of yours. So long as the kid is near him. And for you to be around as well.

...

Din felt better for sure after a quick shower and into the dry clothes, but the achiness and slight chills are starting to affect him as well. Isn't that usually the sign that you're having a fever? He sighed, knowing that you're not going to let him leave until he's better. His leg seemed to look less irritating at least.

He heard the child giggling and he couldn't help but smile. It has been quite a rough week and the poor kid just needed a cheer up. Purchasing that plushy was enough. Having you around seem to make things better.

He thought about what the two of you are doing out there in the hull. His mind now towards you.

This... was actually not the first time he saw you. You've obviously never really officially meet each other but he's seen you before in Tatooine many years ago. He had one of the bounties over there and there was another Mandalorian from another clan who was with you. He worked with him to find their bounty and that Mando kept a distance from you while meeting with Din about the bounty but still kept an eye on you.

Din would noticed how protective the Mando would be over you and the only informative he has given him was that he had rescued you from a horrible place just about a week ago.