"Hah, even when I'm trying so hard to contain the rumors, hiks," Crowley put his palms, covering his face, and started crying out of nowhere. This man was so dramatic.

"Shishishi, don't underestimate the trustworthy intel from the second prince of Afterglow Savannah."

"Ah, so it was Mr. Kingscholar."

"Who's that?" Pieter's question was met with an incredulous look from the hyena.

"You don't know the House-warden of Savanaclaw?"

Pieter shrugged. "I never care about the other dorms." More like, he just arrived into this world a couple of days ago.

From what he gathered, Leona Kingscholar was the second prince from a country called "Afterglow Savannah". From its name, it must be a kingdom for beastmen. As a prince, of course, he was going to be rich. And that's where Ruggie came from. Based on his personality, he must play as this prince's babysitter to get something in return. What kind of person was this Leona, he wondered.

"As Mr. Bucchi had said, Professor Clayton indeed has a connection with one of the donators. That person has put me under a lot of pressure to add that man as a staff member." Ah, nepotism at its best. "Not only that but he is also related to one of the teachers in Royal Sword Academy."

"Tsk, the school for the rich and spoiled kids," Ruggie snickered.

So there was another prestigious school other than NRC?

"I believe you must have heard the name Jonathan Clayton, the Viscount from Land of Pyroxene."

Before Pieter could shake his head, Ruggie slammed his hands on the table. "Of course. Isn't his ancestor the one that signs the peace treaty between Afterglow Savannah and Land of Pyroxene?"

"Indeed. Jonathan Clayton is an admirable man. Following his ancestor's footsteps, he delivers speeches and teaches the importance of respecting and understanding other people from different races. Currently, that same man is teaching in Royal Sword Academy," Crowley explained. "I'm surprised you have heard of his name before, Mr. Bucchi."

"Well, he is famous in Afterglow Savannah. Many people respect him."

"Are you saying that the man who called us with derogatory words shares the same blood with this Jonathan Clayton?" asked Pieter.

"It is very surprising, but it is the truth," Crowley added. "They both are cousins."

"So, one of the donators that want Clayton in was..."

"None other than the Clayton Family themselves," Crowley's expression turned solemn. "They have donated a lot of their fortunes to pay for the school expenses. If we somehow lost their support, I can't imagine what's going to happen. Hundreds of young aspiring magicians have to be cut off from school." The headmaster cried again.

"Then, headmaster," Pieter said. "Are you going to expel us?"

"Wait, Pieter! We are here to negotiate that," the hyena exclaimed.

"The options are either you save thousand of students and sacrificed two, or save two students but sacrificed the other students." The merman said. "No matter how I see it, the former is a better proposition."

The room was silent. No one was speaking. Ruggie who also realized their situation lowered his head. His hyena ears were down. His bushy tail lay limp.

He didn't expect that Ruggie would be dragged into this. If it's only him, he won't mind getting expelled. But this hyena. He always said he took care of the kids around his area. He must have had a rough life. He never allowed himself to destroy a young man's future.