Prologue

Nearly 600 years ago...

Agaster landed with a thump onto the dry grass. He watched with horror as the End Portal above him disappeared.

He growled and got to his feet, studying the biome he had ended up in.

The land was basically dead. Dry grass crunched beneath Agaster's feet and was the only vegetation there.

He groaned and the peak of a building caught his eye. He looked at the blue sky scornfully and made his way towards the structure.

He soon discovered it to be the ruins of a town. It had evidently been attacked very recently—fires still burned and the blood splattered everywhere looked fresh.

"Well, you're not from here." An old voice from behind him.

"Ah!" Agaster jumped and whipped around, grasping his sword handle.

Behind him stood an old man wearing a dark green cloak. Next to this man was a mass od grey-green shadows in the form of some beast.

"Who are you?" Agaster asked. 

Suddenly, a much smaller, inky-blue mass of shadows zoomed up in front of him. He yelped and pointed the sword at it.

"Calm down," the old man said. "It won't attack you. In fact, it chose you."

"What?!"

"Young man, I'm sure you know something about Shadow Wraths."

Suddenly, Agaster knew who the old man was. "You're Polyus Void, aren't you? Most commonly known as 'The Man of the Void'."

"I'm noe 'The Old Man pf the Void' but yes," he nodded. "I am he. But you can call me Polyus."

Agaster nodded. "So...this Shadow Wrath chose me, huh?"

<>

A/N: cries because of old writing. This was honestly difficult for me because the urge to cut and rework and rewrite was incredibly strong. This writing is from the middle of last year, before I went through some technique changes. Nonetheless, I hope its not too bad lol

 Nonetheless, I hope its not too bad lol