Chapter 6: Action! Is this real life? Cut!

Start from the beginning

"Zach attack!" Gwyneth gave him a toothy grin as she shouted back with excitement.

"I heard your wonderful face was gonna be hanging around here this week." Zach gave Gwyneth a warm and welcoming hug when he got over to them. "Glad to have you back Gwynnie."

"What are we? Chopped liver?" Heather joked to him.

Zach waved his hand forward, brushing off the comment, and joked back. "Pshh, I see you two everyday."

Heather lightly nudged his shoulder with her fist. Zach laughed as he leaned back with the movement. Then he clapped his hands together and smacked his lips, making a popping noise. "Alright, you ladies ready to get started?"

"Oh yeah! I'm ready to get my Joan Jett on," Gwyneth enthusiastically responded.

Zach laughed and slung his backpack around off his shoulder. "Alright, you girls stretch a bit while I look over my notes for a minute." Zach walked over to a chair against the wall, setting his backpack down and pulling out a notebook.

Heather and Naya took their hoodies off and set them next to their bags against the mirrored wall of the rehearsal space. The three girls stood in a circle together as they did some light stretching before they had to start dancing. Naya tried to distract herself from looking over at Heather by engaging Gwyneth in some light conversation about her macrobiotic dieting craze.

Heather remained quiet as she stretched out her legs. She hoped the stretching might make her feel a little more balanced. She had been fine on the walk over to the Tin Shed, maybe a little jumpy in anticipation of seeing Naya, but fine. However, the second she walked in and saw the brunette, she suddenly felt skittish like she was constantly about to trip over herself. And now it had gotten to a point where it felt like a thousand butterflies were landing all over the skin of her arms and legs. Since the moment she'd gotten within ten feet of Naya she became tense and uneasy and felt like she didn't know what to say, or do with her hands or how to stand. It was completely uncharacteristic because Naya was the one person Heather usually felt completely relaxed around. It was awkward for Heather to feel this way around Naya, and she knew it was only because she was still internally freaking out over their recent make out session and didn't know what to do with her feelings about it, whatever they were, she still wasn't sure. She hoped this awkward feeling would just go away but the more she tried to shove it away, the more it became front and center in her mind.

Heather stood with her legs together. She bent down slowly, running her hands along the backs of her legs until she could touch the very bottom of her heels. She had her eyes to the floor and brought her head up slightly to see Naya just a few feet in front of her and to the left doing the exact same stretch. Naya's body was facing Heather but she had a clear view of Naya's perfectly round and toned butt in the reflection of the full-length mirror on the wall behind Naya. Heather's eyes were locked on the image in the mirror for a moment until she caught onto the fact that she was leering at Naya's ass and totally enjoying it. She immediately shot her body straight up and turned to face the other direction, placing one hand at the lower right side of her back and the other up by her throat.

Holy shit Heather. What are you doing?

She gulped and then tugged at the top of her shirt before taking a deep breath and stretching her neck out to the side.

Zach walked up to join the girls. He pushed three chairs in front of them and there was a pile of jackets resting in the seat of the middle chair. "Alright, you ladies ready to get sexy?"

Heather turned around to give Zach her attention.

"Well with these two it's kinda hard not to get sexy," Gwyneth joked as she gestured toward Naya and Heather.