1- Stranger Danger

I ran away. What the hell was I thinking?

I shouldn't be away from home. I should be training, working, preparing.

I should be getting ready for the Australian open but no, what am I doing? Sitting in fucking Portofino.

How did I end up here? I was in Turin for a tournament, I lost first round, I couldn't handle it, everyone saying how disappointing I was, how they expected better results, how i'm not living up to the Serbian greats in tennis.

Fuck the damn greats. I'm a person.

After deciding to respect myself as a person, I ran away. Yes, I'm a grown adult and it's not technically running away but it feels like it, I turned my location off for everyone, I didn't tell anyone where I was, the last place people knew I was, was in Turin.

So what exactly am I supposed to do now?

Hotel! dumbass. how are you going to show up in a place and not think about where you're staying?

Wait, I have a house here. Oh my god I forgot about that.

I'm sitting in a small coffee shop, my suitcase and my backpack beside me. I had my tennis gear shipped back to Serbia although resided to keep two of my rackets, I have to train while i'm here.

"You look very familiar" I quickly look up at the sound of a voice, the barista places my coffee down on the table, staring at me as if it's written on my forehead.

"Wait, aren't you that Serbian tennis player, Helena?"

"Sorry, you must be mistaken, I have no idea who that is"

"Oh, sorry for bothering you, have a good day" With that she quickly walks away

God, Estella's acting skills are rubbing off on me, that's an oscar deserving performance right there.

After figuring out how far my house is from here I get up, leaving the small cafe

I feel absolutely stupid walking the streets with my suitcase. Can you tell i'm a local!

I distract myself as I watch the cars pass me

Damn, I look in awe at one car in particular as I watch it drive by, how can one car be so beautiful?

My usual favorite car is a Porsche 911 turbo s, but I can't help my eyes linger on the matte black Ferrari with a red and white stripe down the middle of it.

Do I have a car here?

Once I get to my house I collapse on the couch. I can't believe I just did this.

It's late by the time I get up from the couch, no longer feeling the need to over analyze every decision i've made in the past ten years of my life.

Heading upstairs I walk into my room.

Throwing on an oversized grey t-shirt and sleep shorts I get in bed.

Okay, who is blasting music at such an ungodly hour of the night? I glare through the wall to the noise coming from the house to my left as if it'll get whoever it is to stop.

It's fine, they'll stop soon.

~

they did not infact stop soon.

It's been god knows how long and i'm over it.

Grabbing my shoes and my house key I walk the short 20 steps that it takes me to reach the house, knocking on the door rather loudly I hear the music stop, and footsteps approaching