Their expressions were all the same again, but this time they didn’t anything and simply stared at her with wide eyes. Snow felt uncomfortable with all four pair of eyes on her, she looked away and stared at her lap instead.

“So…you were their your whole life?” asked Nathan cautiously.

Snow nodded.

“uh…we…well, whatever we just said about The House…is it true?” Amelia asked.

Snow hesitated at first but decided to just tell them the truth, so she nodded.

They all looked at her with something in their eyes, something that Snow have ever experience or seen in people’s eyes; pity.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” asked Snow.

They all immediately looked and were suddenly very interested in the food in front of them. Snow stared at them in confusion.

Strange

She looked at the food in front of her and stared at it. What is this? she searched for chopsticks but couldn't find it, then she saw Amelia eating with a spoon. Snow didn't want to ask them about it so she imitated Amelia and picked up her spoon and stared eating. She sighed, it was going to be harder than she thought.

____________________________________________________________________________

Snow sat there watching the strange chaos in front of her, well that's what she thought it was. She couldn't remember how she got here. After lunch, she and Amelia headed to her room. Then, after sometime, Amelia barged into her room and looked very excited telling things she coouldn't quite understand, she remembered Amelia words such as 'party', 'awesome' and other non-sensical words. Before she knew it, Amelia threw something at her and ordered her to change into it. Snow was too tired to ask what was going on so she did as she was told. Amelia had asked her to let her hair down but Snow had furiously refused to do it. Then, all of a sudden Snow remembered being dragged for a long time until they reached a large hall with loud music and dim light.

Amelia had ran off somewhere to dance and left Snow at the bar counter. Snow was shocked as she stared at the crowd in front of her. Their were moving their bodies in a strange way and was more shocked to find the two opposite sex so close to each other, moving in ways that were highly inappropriate. Snow felt her cheeks get as she watched, she quickly looked away and turned around, she buried her face in her hands. 

What in the world is going on and what is this place, Snow thought sqeezing the bridge of her nose.

"Snow!" called out a voice.

She turned around and saw Jace, he had a wide smile on his face.

"Jace." she said.

Jace frowned. "Not happy to see me?"

Then Snow realized she wasn't smiling. She couldn't help it, she wasn't exactly happy type. Snow blushed.

"No, it's not like that."

He seemed to have realized something and seemed embarrassed.

"i'm sorry, i..i mean...it's not like...you know...you get to smile in The Ho-....i mean, uh...I'm sorry, i'm just blabbing now."

Jace's cheeks were a deep shade of red. Snow couldn't help being thoroughly amused from his mumbling. She felt strange, like she wanted to something about it. Maybe smile.

"It's fine, there's not need to be flusttered over such a small matter. I'm sorry i make you feel unwelcome." she said.

Jace stared at her. "Wow, you sound so...proper and stuff." he smiled widely.

Snow simply stared at him. it's still a mystery to her, how do they do that? How do their lips twist into a smile?

"So, how are you liking it here so far?' Jace asked taking a seat next to her.

"it's all so strange. I'm not use to such...an environment."

"Of course, it's totally understandable."

Snow looked at him, no one had ever said that to her before.

"You're a very understanding person Jace." she said suddenly.

Jace looked at her and smiled. "Thank-you and you are....a very interesting person." he said still smiling widely.

Snow nodded once and looked away. What does he mean by that?

_____________________________________________________________________

Elton got bored with the girl sitting next to him and suddenly got up.

"I'm gonna get a drink." he said and made his way to the bar counter. He saw a familiar girl, that new girl. Elton was in the mood for a little game so he walked up to her and tapped her in the shoulder. She turned around and he was surprised at what he saw.

Her black hair was in a high ponytail. Bright grey eyes that belong to a pair of slanted eyes looked at him, her skin was pearly fair and her lips had a natural pout.

"hey, watsup?" Derek said winking at her and smiling his most charming smile.

Snow simply looked confused, then slowly she looked up towards the ceiling. She looked up for a sometime then she looked back to Derek and frowned.

"I don't understand you, there is nothing up, just the ceiling. Or am i missing something?' she asked.

Derek was stunned and looked at her thinking she was pulling his leg but then, he saw the genuine confused expression on her face. Suddenly, the person sitting next to her burst-ed into laughter and even Derek couldn't help it, he had a huge grin on his face.

___________________________________________________________________

like it?

please comment and vote

i'd love to read what you think about this!