Chapter 1: Crimson Snow

Third persons pov:

As the blaze of gunfire and shouts of vampires hunters grew the more the snow was stained in a deep Crimson color.

He group of level E vampires were sent by the vampire Court as punishment for the pureblood Kazami Hicha who refused there order and broken the law by having and affair with a vampire hunter know as Kaien Cross.

Kazami could not stand by and watch as the man she loved Her lover die, she would not allow it. She stood among the hunter is a raging fight of fire and blood. Her snow white hair swaying around her as she danced with death. Beauty and danger put in one form.

Her skills unmatched as she slashed through the vampires with her claws drawn-out like those of a hungry beast. Until she noticed it in a flash of an eye a small form sunken into the snow with tears and dried blood staining the little girl's face. She acted on instincts as she saw the level E racing towards the heart broken child.

Reaching out for the litte form grabbing and hidding it beneath her as the long claws sank into her back through her chest..

Kaien's pov

Bullets were raining from the firing vampire guns as I held the monster of beings back with my sword.

Slowly slicing through each blood thirsty one of the as they approached. As I made my way deeper into the battle ground I noticed a familiar snow hair woman 'Kaziki' I thought smirking as her dark Crimson eyes landed on me with a well known look.

I nodded as I continued on to the front line in the front of the woods. Once there I noticed Yagari leaning on a tree and the Kiryus standing guard, 'Looking a little tired Toga' I called as he looked up throwing me a dirty look 'Oh fuck of cross and focus! ' he called to me annoyed I smirked and I decided to help him.

The fight continued a good 27 minutes before the woods was clear. 'We should go help thee others' Yagari announced breathless. Not usual to see him in such a state then again he had a nasty slash on his chest. Nodded I made my way back.

I looked around in hopes of seeing her...my eyes scanning around until it landed on her form resting in the snow. No!

I yelled tripping over the snow as I rushed too her coughing form. Picking her up I held her bloody form in my arms as I looked into her slowly closings blue colored eyes. 'Kai...' she called breathless. My heart snapped at the sound of her voice leaning my head upon hers 'I'm here my love..' I spoke as warm liquid started dropping from my eyes, as I felt her weakly smile.

'Kai..do not cry my love..this is not the end...only a new start-' I wish I could have believed her words but my mind and my heart was clouded with sadness. The woman I love was dying in my arms and I could do nothing.

Yet she smiles and try's to comfort me.' Kai I do not... Have much time.. P-please..promise me...you will take care of Ari.. Please..' she begged of course I would.. I have Ari is like a daughter too me. 'I promise my love' I spoke as a kisses her soft lips one last time as she faded into the snow.

I felt no rage, I felt no hatred..i felt at peace knowing she was happy and even though it hurt I could not blame the world for one simple creature.

As I stood up I noticed a little girl hiding in the snow a distance away, I slowly made my way over to her as I noticed her trying to hide deeper into the snow. 'It's alright dear one. I'm not here to hurt you' I spoke softly too the child as she slowly approached me.

'T.. The pretty lady.. S.. She saved me..' she stuttered out Kaziki.. I tought smiling as I reached my hand out for the little girl. 'What's you're name?' I asked as she took my hand 'Mei..' she spoke as I picked her up.