Hauntful memories

Start from the beginning

She simply smiled and nodded. The driver led her to the car. She looked up and gave Luther a small smile before entering the car.

******
Mr Hugh's mansion was beautiful, but it was painted with cream color which Mia detested.

Mia and Ralph were lead to their quarter by the housekeeper, Emily.
The quarter was really big and comfortable but the colour was a pain in Mia's neck.
She hated bright colours; they literally irked her soul, but now she had no choice but to stay in this room painted white, like white out of all colours.

Mia picked the bed next to window while Ralph took the other.
They unpacked and settled in.

After a brief rest and introduction, they went to prepare dinner, which was spaghetti as they were informed by the housekeeper.

Mia did the whole cooking while Ralph did the vegetables. The way she prepared it made it seem as though she had been doing it for a long time but it was just a month's training.

The way God made her was that she had a high IQ and anything she put her heart into she did it perfectly.

The cooking was done almost quietly apart from the little discussion which Ralph brought up, and soon the meal was ready and served as par Mr Hugh's orders.

They were led out by the guard who stood outside the kitchen door. Mia tried not to seem suspicious as she looked around. They were CCTV cameras almost everywhere.

The first step Mia took after the door was opened by the guard made her bump right into Mr Hugh. She wasn't really tall, so her head collided with me Hugh's hard chest making her almost fall backwards, but he caught her by the waist.

A two seconds eyelock was shared before Mia stepped back; within those two seconds, she had to fight the urge of punching his face.

How dare he touch her?

She would have preferred falling down instead than have his filthy hand on her.
She looked at him and her mind screamed 'Murderer'

Mia breathed in and got back in character.
She lowered her head in an apologetic bow, inwardly promising herself to kill him for making her bow to him.

"I'm sorry Mr Hugh"

'Her voice is too innocent for her outlook' Anton thought.
He wanted to smile and tell her 'it's okay' but he remembered that he was CEO Hugh Anton.

"Next time you might not be so lucky" he said and walked in.

"I don't need luck but you do" she said inwardly and smirked.
She left the scene with Ralph who was almost lost in his respectful bow.

*** *** ***
Anton smiled as he got inside; this was a good day to start his evening.

He quickly freshened up and came down to eat his meal; he really wanted to taste it.

When he opened the meal, he had a satisfactory smile on his face. He quickly dished it on a plate and was about eating when he remembered something important; he hadn't checked the CCTV footage of the kitchen yet.

He quickly connected his phone to the kitchen camera's footage
He watched intently as Mia cooked and listened attentively to their little discussion; he didn't want to miss any information about her. But when he heard this

"Well my parents died on the same day, there were killed, I watched them die" he was shocked.

How could she state something like this in mere cold words.

Was that why she had that nonchalant look in her eyes always?

He felt sad hearing it, and it also reminded him of his own parents.
They died on the same day, 'the blood on the car seats, his mother's lifeless eyes staring at him, their mutilated bodies, all the...'

He shook his head to stop his thoughts when he realized that his eyes had turned misty. He blinked a few times till his eyes were dry.

Now he has lost his appetite but when he remembered that Mia cooked the meal, he decided to taste it.

Well her meals weren't exactly exquisite but he liked it the way it was.

*** *** ***
Mia sat on her bed, looking out of the closed window deep in thoughts.

She kept thinking of ways to get deep into the house especially upstairs.

She was sure that what she was looking for was upstairs but she had to survey the interior and have a concrete plan before going on full mission.
Time was just....

Her thoughts were interrupted by her phone's ringtone.
She checked the caller's number and from the last two digits, she knew it was Dixon.

She didn't save his number on her phone because she wanted to be safe. If anything goes wrong in the mission and she gets caught, she didn't want her friends to go down with her.

The first thing she heard after picking the call was scolding from Dixon

"Couldn't you at least call to let us know how your day went?"

"I'm sorry grandma, I forgot to"

"You know I hate it when you call me grandma"

"Then stop acting like one"

She heard a soft laughter from the other side and knew it was Luther

"How are you Mia" Luther asked

"Okay"

"How was your first day?"

"Annoying" she said as she recalled what happened earlier

"What happened?" Dixon asked eagerly

"Nothing that concerns you"

Dixon frowned "Why are you just so mean?"

"Because you are the best"

"Don't try to bribe me with words"

"Okay, truth be told, you are the worst"

Dixon's brows knotted in a deep frown, and she heard Luther laugh again.

"Take care you guys, I'll keep you posted about everything but for now I have to sleep because I have to wake up early tomorrow to make breakfast"

"Okay, good night. Take care also"

"I will. Good night grandma"

Dixon's brows knotted tighter and he frowned deeply

"I hate you" he said annoyed

"I hate you too grandma" she chuckled a little and ended the call.

Seconds later, she still has that smile on her face.

Those two, she couldn't let anyone hurt, they were her backbone in this world; whoever troubled them got himself/herself a one way ticket to hell.

She slid under her blanket. Tomorrow was not what she looked forward to, but tomorrow is a mystery to everyone, she wanted to see what that day brings.