53

Bella's POV
(a/n: Raven's mom, in case you forgot)

I need to have a word with those people when I find them. I didn't manage to talk with Raven since this morning because she just won't answer her phone and now, James Isn't answering either.

We were talking when he got a phone call from Billie but he didn't wanted to tell me what it was about. He just left, telling me to stay calm and wait till he comes back. He's been gone for one hour and I have no idea where he is.

As I finished folding some clothes, I decided to go find Maggie. Maybe she's aware of what's going on.

I opened the room's door and just when I wanted to step into the long hallway I've noticed that an envelope was carefully placed on the floor.

I took it in my hands and inspected the words on the back

"For Bella and James Jones"

I had no idea what it could have been about but just when I was about to open it, a phone call coming from Raven stopped me

Bella: Hi sweetheart. Where are you?
Raven: Mom, you need to leave. Start the fire alarms and make everybody get out of the mansion!

She was heavily breathing and it sounded like she was scared. I've had this bad feeling the whole day but I just hope my baby girl is fine.

Bella: Raven, what happened?
Raven: A bomb might be hidden somewhere in the mansion. You all need to leave as soon as possible.

The world 'bomb' made my heart beat faster. With fast steps, I started heading towards the fire alarm but just when I was about to press it, the sound made of it already started.

Bella: Raven, where are you right now?
Raven: I'm safe. I'm with dad and Billie. You need to get out
Bella: I am dear, don't worry about me

With that, I hung up the phone and rushed towards the stairs which were leading to the exit. I didn't think of grabbing anything from inside, my only belongings right now being the clothes I was wearing, my phone and the envelope I found in front of our door.

As soon as I got outside,I was met by a wave of people trying to leave as soon as possible. Looking around, I got scared when a hand grabbed mine, pulling me to the side

"Oh my god. Did I scare you?"  James smiled as he made sure I was okay. "It's fine. What's going on James?"

"I'll tell you when we get in a safer place. Let's go to the car." I followed him where our car was and got inside. Without paying much attention to it anymore, I threw the envelope on the backseat of the car and got my phone to call Maggie.

She didn't answer the phone so I thought she might be busy with all the mess. "Maybe she's getting phone calls from a million different directions right now" James said as he was driving the car over the big bridge.

"You're right. This shit is crazy. Is Raven safe?"

"She's with Billie, so yes"

I feel like James has sometimes more trust into Billie than in our own daughter. I don't blame him, we raised Billie and Finneas, being next to them like a second family.

We've always considered them as our own children and James and I always thought about how Raven and Billie would get along really well. We were even making jokes about them making a couple, but never actually thought that it was gonna happen.

We weren't happy with the way we found out about them, but teenagers sometimes do mess up. I've never seen Billie this involved into a relationship and I really believe that Raven is in good hands.