Apharaaan...👿

A week later:

Azamgadh Palace (Sidharth's Hojra):

"Ready to roll brother?" Asked Atiq putting his hand Sidarth's shoulder who was busy studying a map of Rajputana. "Stop sulking like that and ask what you want to."

"Bhaijaan, you know it already. I wanted to conquer Malwa to expand our Sultanate and you are sending me somewhere else to stop some stupid rebellion which has not even started yet." Whined Sidharth

"My dear brother, always ready for war and bloodshed. You have already proved that you are a terrific warrior, Jalal. But now I want you to think as a ruler. If you CONQUER a land then you should also learn to RETAIN it. To RULE it." Said Shehenshah to his younger brother.

"I don't understand."

"Oh, you will...only if you keep that temper of yours aside. Now let me ask you some questions." Smirked Atiq further irritating Sidarth

"Ask."

"Do you really think I care about some stupid rebellion in a small state like Ajmer? That too when we don't have any plans to conquer Ajmer."

"..."

"Why I would send my best warrior to crush a non-existent rebellion in Rajputana, instead of sending him to Malwa where he is needed the most?"

Sidharth looked up at his brother who was now busy observing his changing expressions.

"It is not Ajmer, for which you are sending me. It is something else."

Everything was making a sense now.

"You see, keeping temper aside really does help a lot. Now we will continue the guessing game. Go on Sidharth, tell me what you think."

"Is it Sharifuddin that you are worried about? Of course, how could I miss it? Just last month we had news of his increasing suspicious activities. And that is why you want me your most trustworthy person' to be present in Rajputana." Stated Sidharth connecting all the dots.

"You guessed it right. He is Subhedar of Ajmer, Nagaur and Mewaat. I agree that Subhedars make Sultanate strong but they should be kept under check so that they won't become a thorn later" Stated Shehenshah Atiq as a matter of fact.

"You are a true strategist Bhaijaan" Sidharth stated admiring his brother's far sightedness.

"And you are no less, my dear brother. All you need is to keep your head when all about you are losing theirs."

"Mutual admiration society aren't we?" Came a voice from behind.

"Adaab Ammijaan, you here?" Both the brothers did Adaab to their mother Marium Makani Alfiya Banu Begum.

"I came to say farewell to my son. You will be leaving tomorrow right?"

"Yes Ammijaan."

"May victory be all yours beta, and Sidharth, this time when you come back I want to see you getting married." Said a doting mother.

"Ammijaan, I am here, she is here. I am ready to get married right now if you want me to."

Sidharth stated irritatingly, while Atiq settled himself on a comfortable seat. He knew this argument will go on for the whole night now.

------------------------------------------------------------

Mewaat Subha (Shariffuddin's residence):

"Adaab Subhedar Sharifuddin Sahab, a rider has come from Agra with a paigam from Shehenshah."

"What does it say?"