18: Where The Magic Happens.

Start from the beginning

She threw herself into his arms and he swayed on his feet at the sudden jump. He kept his arms in the air, a little taken aback by the action as she hugged him tightly, wrapping her arms around his neck. Mark didn't know what kind of a hug it was - was it a hug that said it was all going to be ok and that she forgave him, or a hug that was meant to be their last and they'd go their separate ways?

He eventually wrapped his arms around her as well and squeezed her back. They stood in each other's embrace for quite some time before Nabi finally broke the silence. "I can't believe it's been you all along."

Mark furrowed his brows, unable to read her intensions completely but eventually cracked a smile. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I really am."

The girl suddenly pulled away. She pouted and hit his arm. "Don't hide things from me again."

He chuckled, blocking himself from her punches that didn't hurt at all but he teased that they did. "Dude, that hurts!"

"As it should!" she kept on pouting and crossed her arms, acting sulky.

Mark couldn't help but smile widely, happy that the hug was the good kind not the bad one. He suddenly pulled her in for another quick one. "I won't keep things from you anymore, I promise."

"Good!" she shouted but her voice was mumbled as her face was slightly buried in the crook of his neck.

"In fact," he pulled her away and a smirk appeared on his face, confusing the girl. "Do you want to see where the magic happens?"

Nabi burst out laughing and Mark had realized what it sounded like. "Dude- no! Yo, I didn't mean- oh man."

"Damn it Mark, I thought we were just friends!"

"Yo, stop it, I can't believe I said that." he hid his face in his hands as Nabi kept on laughing uncontrollably, tilting her whole body backwards that could easily cause her to fall if she didn't have good balance. "I meant where I make my songs, dude, what is wrong with me." he kept on overreacting.

The girl's eyes grew at the idea of seeing where all her favorite songs of his were made. "Seriously?!"

"Of course, you want to?"

"Duh?!" she jumped up and down, feeling her energy rising. Mark chuckled and gestured her to follow him. He was flooded with questions about his works the whole walk to his apartment but he didn't mind it at all, he actually thought it was a good practice before he actually gives interviews and Nabi was the only interviewer that'd never annoy him.

 He was flooded with questions about his works the whole walk to his apartment but he didn't mind it at all, he actually thought it was a good practice before he actually gives interviews and Nabi was the only interviewer that'd never annoy him

Johnny widened his eyes when he noticed Nabi walking into their apartment behind Mark. "Oh, hi?" he walked over with furrowed brows. "What's going on here?"

"Hi, Johnny! I'm here to see where the magic happens."

Johnny almost choked on his own spit when Mark sighed out loud. "Dude, you're not going to let this go, will you?" and Nabi only nodded, agreeing.

The tall boy raised his hands and shook his head, backing away into the living room. "I don't want to know the details."

"Bro, I'm just showing her my room."

"Like I said, I don't want to know anything." Johnny teased, making Nabi laugh with him as Mark only shook his head. He was used to the older teasing him but now Nabi joined him as well and he could only accept the fact that all of his closest people liked to do that to him out of love, apparently.

Nabi followed Mark into his room and gulped as soon as he opened the door. Her eyes widened as she tried to take in every little detail about it. It was a bedroom combined with a little home studio - there was a bed, a closet, a desk with two monitors, a keyboard that changed colors, speakers and a microphone type of thing that she had no idea what it was called. In all honesty - it wasn't an ideal scenario for a studio and she always thought Mark recorded his songs in a professional one because they sounded professionally mixed and the quality was amazing too, but the fact he managed to do it all in his bedroom made her respect him even more. "I know it's nothing crazy, but hey, very soon I'll be using a real studio." she watched as his smile grew at the thought.

"I love it." she blurred out, smiling widely as well.

"Yeah?" he scratched the back of his neck.

Nabi nodded excitedly and looked around some more. Mark moved out of the way and pointed to his bed for her to take a seat. He asked if there was anything she wanted to drink and she decided on a tea which he had to drink as well to take care of his throat well.
When he left the room, Nabi couldn't hide her excitement anymore and threw herself back on the bed, kicking her feet in the air as she let the thought sink in - she was in Mark Lee's room. The fact that he was her closest friend except for Bona, still didn't wipe the fact that he was also her favorite artist Mark Lee, and quite frankly she was a bit starstruck.

what do u think? 🤭

what do u think? 🤭