Let's Go to the Beach

It was the summer season, and the heat was really making itself present. The atmosphere was hot and humid, with temperatures ranging from approximately 70 to 90 °F (21 to 32 °C). It was a good thing that they have frozen treats courtesy of their amazing chef, slash torture expert, Beacrox Molan. Now that Cale and Choi Han were free to tell them about things from Earth, the duo made sure to include foods that they'd missed. Especially Cale, wanting to help Choi Han relive eating familiar foods he hasn't eaten since being brought here. Really, it wasn't him being the nice guy and being considerate to his guardian knight; it was just that he missed eating foods from Earth.

Ice cream and bingsu have been present at the dining table since the summer heat arrived. Although magic is always present at the villa, the hot breeze passes by from time to time, and Cale wasn't about to make the marble floor his permanent bed for the summer. He made sure to take advantage of being able to eat sweet, icy treats. It really was a good thing that he has people to go ask to put on temperature magic.

He was lying on his cool marble floor in his room when three energetic blobs jumped at him. Totally taken aback, he jolted but made sure to catch them in the sudden movement.

"Oof!"

"Human!"

"Cale nyah!"

"Cale!"

They greeted each other.

Cale groans but asks, "What is this about?"

"Let's go to the beach! We can go to the villa Jungle Queen Litana built for you!"

"But the kittens don't like the sea; why ask now?"

"Choi Han said it was fun to swim at the beach during summer time! He said that many people from Earth often go to beaches when it's hot."

"Are you sure? I thought you didn't like the beach."

"Yes, nyah! If we still don't like it, we can build a sand castle! Choi Han told us about sand castle competitions on Earth, and we decided to make it happen here as well."

"Hoh. How about we go there tomorrow? Let's go there early for the Mother's Day celebration as well."

"Yay!" they cheered.

"Alright, ask Beacrox, Ron, and Hans to prepare for the trip to the beach tomorrow. As far as I know, Miss Lina prepared the house well. The shore is near, so they could just prepare picnic blankets and food. Do you want to stay the night there?" Cale says.

"Hmmmm..." the kids think, "stay-stay!!"

"Sure. Tell them that. By the way," Cale begins, "do you not like your human forms? I get that you're now used to being a cat, but you should also try staying in human form."

"Nyah! Right right. Hehe, I forgot sometimes, since going as cats was easier." Hong laughs, and Ohn only shrugs her little shoulders. "Sure! I want to try other clothes now!!"

Hong ran away while transforming into human form as Ohn chased after her brother. Raon stayed behind and was silent for a while.

><><><><><><

The next day, the whole crew, sans the unavailable ones, was ready to depart for their summer outing at the beach. The children were visibly very excited to go, even the kittens, who dislike the sea. Foods, ingredients, and luggage were packed and put into spatial bags, courtesy of the great and mighty excited dragon, Raon Miru Henituse.

"Beach, beach, beach" chants of excitable kitten and wolf pups.

Ohn was rather quiet, but still excited, along with Lock and the other older wolf pups.

Arriving at the villa, Hans and Ron made sure to check the rooms they would use for the next couple of days. They will stay there for almost a week and need to check if anything is missing or needs to be fixed. Queen Litana welcomed them as they arrived via teleportation by the excited black dragon. After touring them, the Queen returned to the jungle with the invitation for the Mother's Day celebration, which would happen in a couple of days.

Half of the day was spent setting up as Cale and the kids roamed around the beach. The younger wolf kids searched for the prettiest shells they could find, with the older ones ensuring the safety of their younger packmates. Cale observed each kid having fun as he strolled relaxed with Choi Han beside him. It was peacefully quiet between them, with the happy laughter of the kids by the shore. Both of them were just happily watching over.

That day had been filled with joyful laughter, happy splashing, and sand castle building competitions. After dinner with juicy seafood dishes and sweet desserts, the happily spent children all fell asleep as they hit their beds.

The days following were similarly filled with happy memories.