𝟒𝟑. 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲

Start from the beginning

"Louis, Gemma is coming now, so we can go home and you can lie down on the bed, okay?" Needless to say, he didn't get back to me, but I wasn't long amazed. I took his hand and intertwined it with mine and stood looking at him anxious while waiting for my sister to arrive.

Luckily it didn't take long and after about ten minutes I saw her get off Rick's red Mito. She walked over to her own car and motioned for me to open it. I tried to take the keys from my pocket with one hand, while the other did not let go of Louis's. Finally I opened her and she settled into the driver's seat and then looked back at us.

"Is everything ok? Louis, are you okay?" she asked slightly worried and I wanted to yell at her, because it was clear he wasn't well.

"Yes thanks, I just want to go home," Louis forced himself out, probably to keep up a good impression on my sister. I slowly stroked his cheek.

"You know Haz, I've never seen you so concerned and thoughtful with someone" said Gemma and I, simply tired, for a second let my eyes leave Louis's face to meet hers.

"Gemma please, let's just go home." She seemed to understand, because she pursed her lips as she turned to face the road and made a U-turn out of the parking lot.

The street wasn't very busy at that hour so we got home a little later, followed closely by Rick's car. I didn't even wait for my sister to turn off the engine, I swooped straight down dragging Louis with me. I struggled to open the door and in the blink of an eye we had already climbed all the stairs. I sat Louis down on my bed and locked the door before my sister could ask me any more questions.

"Lou?" I tried timidly. I was starting to worry seriously about him.

"Why do you do this?" Louis asked me so softly that for a second I thought I just imagined he had actually spoken.

"This what?" I, confused as I was, sat next to him.

"This," he said in a voice that sounded like it just came from beyond the tomb. "Stay with me, try to help me, talk to me."

"What are you talking about? Why shouldn't I?" I began to get agitated because as always Louis' reactions were unpredictable.

"You know perfectly well why Harry. I am a truly terrible person. I am a murderer, you should stay away from me." Within his voice I could feel all the contempt he had towards himself, but I shook my head, decided.

"Lou, we've talked about this before. You're not a monster and you're not a murderer. You didn't kill Daniel, it was a fucking boar and it's not your fault!" I tried to put a hand on his arm, but he immediately pushed it away.

"Yes, right. And what about today? How do you justify that? I almost killed Grimshaw." I couldn't believe he actually thought that.

"Don't be ridiculous, you just punched him. And then he fell off the table. Do you have any idea how many times he's fallen off tables or counters or chairs while drunk? Anyway, he's fine," I told him, convinced.

"How do you know? You don't know what they told him in the hospital,

Maybe he has internal bleeding that will kill him. Or a head trauma. And it will be only my fault." he cupped his head in his hands as he began to stare at the floor. I slowly took them from him and made him release his hold on his beautiful hair to squeeze them into mine.

"Do you know why I don't know what they told him in the hospital? Because I'm more worried about you than about him. I think what happened could do more psychological damage to you than physical damage to him. I really want you to understand that you are not like you see yourself, you're not a mean and cruel murderer, you're just a human who like everyone makes mistakes. You didn't want to kill Daniel or even Nick, it's just fate that enjoys playing cruelly with us, but if fate is cruel that doesn't mean we are too. It doesn't mean you are too" I concluded trying to explain myself as best I could.