𝟒𝟎. 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐬

Start from the beginning

Less than five minutes after we had left, Louis had already been inundated with questions of all kinds, from how old are you, to what is your favourite film, until the fateful question arrived. "So, how long have you two been together?" I looked at Louis wide-eyed, totally panicked, he rolled his eyes at my reaction.

"Well it's been almost five months now. You must know that for the first couple of weeks Harry and I couldn't see each other, we kept arguing and hitting on each other and stuff like that, then you know from the hate something born, and before we knew it, we were in love. On November 25th we got together and we couldn't be happier. Sure, we fight every now and then, but it also happens to the best couples, doesn't it?" He answered with a naturalness that struck me.

He almost made me believe his words myself even though I knew that the reality was quite different. He hadn't lied then when he said he was a very good actor. I smiled at him gratefully, but he wasn't looking at me and I was a bit upset.

"Ok I understand, but don't give me too many details, I promised Gemma that I would wait for her for those" my mother chuckled and I was relieved that at least for the moment the danger had passed. In fact, she stopped asking any more questions and started talking to an old friend of hers on her cell phone.

Louis, taking advantage of her distraction, decided well not to even glance at me and to pass the time looking out the window. All I could think of was that it was going to be one long, endless vacation. How long was I going to be able to handle that duplicity?

Luckily the journey wasn't too long and in no time we were at Holmes Chapel. My mother still hadn't stopped talking on the phone, and I couldn't help but wonder what must have been so important to her and her friend to be saying to each other for over an hour.

Louis and I then got our bags ourselves, then I slightly preceded him into the driveway to lead the way. Arrived at the door, I dropped the suitcase and with the keys I had picked up in the car, I opened it with a bit of difficulty. I didn't have time to step inside when I was attacked by Gemma who appeared out of nowhere. I had a suspicion that she had been spying on us from the window.

"Harry! It's so nice to have you home" she obviously didn't spare a second more, because she immediately switched to the guy behind me "You must be Louis. It's such a pleasure to finally meet you, Harry has told me so much about you"

"The pleasure is all mine Gemma" Louis told her with that smile of his that managed to melt me ​​every time. I saw Gemma catch my adoring gaze and start giggling. The good thing was that at least as a lover of Louis I was quite believable. Louis' smile however disappeared quickly enough, since as soon as Gemma was distracted for a moment, he gave me a glare like: 'what the fuck did you tell her about me?'. I raised my hands, because in reality I hadn't said a damn thing to her, the last time I had spoken to her was when he too was present, several months ago.

I wasn't the type of boy who was close to his sister that he would tell her everything and consider her a friend. Our relationship had always been limited to ignoring each other. Also because she was always out, me too, the only time we got a little close was when I told my family that I got a girl pregnant. Then of course we couldn't continue that confidence since I had been sent to fucking college and she had stayed here and continued her life as usual.

And now she was only pretending to be interested in me because the fact that her brother was gay and was with a boy was fantastic gossip. She could have bragged about it to all her friends. In any case, I tried not to notice and invited Louis to enter my house for good. I was slightly embarrassed by his judgement, maybe he didn't like my place.

Perhaps his family was particularly wealthy and this seemed like a shack that was falling apart. After all, I didn't know anything about his life outside the school walls. As he looked around, my sister grabbed my arm and pulled me closer to her, then whispered in my ear: "Damn Harry, he's even cooler in real life!"