𝟑𝟖. 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐭

Start from the beginning

"Ok?" he repeated, somewhat confused.

"Ok, you can come to mine at Easter" I replied, rolling my eyes.

"Really?" he asked, evidently surprised. Probably even though he was pleading me, he wasn't really expecting a positive response after all that we had done.

"I already know I'll regret it, but yes," I confirmed.

I had to admit I wasn't expecting it at all when I felt hands on my shoulders and his lips pressed lightly on mine. It lasted a second, then he pulled away, it had been nothing more than a lips brush, but it still left me speechless. In those days we continued to touch and tease each other, we made sexual allusions, but a kiss so simple and pure it was a while since we exchanged it. But what amazed me even more were the words that followed.

"I already told you Harry, you're too good. You'd give me anything and I'd take advantage of it and end up breaking you. That's why it could never work between us" I looked at him with eyes and mouth wide open, not managing to utter a single word. He smiled at me and walked towards the door. He opened it, but before leaving he turned towards me, who continued to look at him in astonishment.

"Oh Styles, just because I owe you one, doesn't mean I won't make you cross all the circles of hell on your knees".

Once he was gone, the first thing I could do was pass my hand feebly over my lips. I realised that I was far from forgetting him as I had hoped and his words once again only confused me even more.

I threw myself on the bed and let out a frustrated little cry. I reached out and managed with a little effort to get my phone out of my pants pocket. I searched through my favourite numbers and dialled Niall's. I held my cell phone to my ear and waited for my friend to answer.

"Hello?" fortunately I heard shortly after.

"Niall, I need to talk to you" I heard through the phone a door slam and in the background a "Josh, I need to talk to you. Horan what the fuck are you doing here?" I heard Niall burst out laughing.

"Yes, Harry, I guessed what you want to talk to me about. Don't worry Tomlinson, I'm leaving now" I heard him hang up and all I could do was wait for him to arrive. It happened shortly after and I immediately leapt into his arms. He hugged me, then sat me down and convinced me to tell him everything.

"And then he said to me, 'Styles, just because I owe you one, doesn't mean I won't make you cross all the circles of hell on your knees.' What does all this mean? You tell me because I'm not understanding a thing anymore!" I finished in despair, realising that I looked a bit like a hysterical woman. He laughed incredibly.

"Isn't that obvious?" he asked me and I really wanted to answer him that no, it wasn't fucking clear.

"I have to admit that I never expected all this sweetness from Tomlinson," he continued. He probably saw my face twisted into a grimace and decided to finally give me an explanation. "Basically he told you that he likes you, but that he can't be with you because it would only make you suffer and he doesn't want to. Because he cares about you." My eyes widened at that revelation, but then I shook my head firmly.

"No Niall, I'm sorry to interrupt your fantasies, but it's not like that at all. Also because if not, why would he have said that last sentence before leaving?"

He shrugged. "I don't know, it's still Louis Tomlinson, I guess being an asshole is in his contract"

"Thanks, but I still think it's not like that" I pulled a smile and to console me he rubbed his hand on my arm a couple of times.

"Look, it's dinner time and I'm convinced that food always puts me in a good mood, so why don't you come with me?" He smiled at me and I couldn't help but nod and follow him. I slammed the door behind me and climbed those two flights of stairs, as always cursing the school for not having an elevator. Come on, does it have a tennis court and not an elevator? What the hell's wrong with the principal? Can't he hire someone to advise him on how to spend the tuition money we pay decently? I sighed as I walked down the corridor.