𝟏𝟗. 𝐆𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠

Start from the beginning

Calmly he took a sip of tea then began to speak.

"I couldn't bear to see you so sad and desperate anymore..."

"Hey, I'm not desperate!" He glanced at me and ordered me to shut up.

"So I went to talk to Josh..."

"WHAT DID YOU DO??? I thought it was just Niall plotting with Josh behind my back, now you get in too? Oh God, who knows what Josh thinks of me now!"

"WOULD YOU SHUT UP AND LET ME TALK?" OK, this was not definitely Liam's behaviour. I had never seen Liam angry, but I didn't like it so I signalled him to continue.

"I went to talk to Josh and he told me that Louis isn't the same anymore either, but anyway it was since the Christmas break that he was weird, a little shaken and not sure what to do. So he advised me to go and talk to him directly and well I went. He first asked me what the fuck I wanted and why I was there, then he told me he doesn't give a damn about you." At that point he glanced at me to see my reaction, but I, pursing my lips, nodded, making him intend to continue.

"Then I asked him if there was something wrong, that even Josh saw him upset, he replied that he's fine and that I don't have to pry. I added that in any case if he needed to talk to someone, someone different perhaps, I was there and he unkindly sent me to hell before kicking me out."

"Mmm... yes, when he wants he can be very nice" I said ironically.

"Harry..." He looked at me with that apprehensive look that got on my nerves.

I didn't need his sympathy, I didn't need anyone's help, I knew how to handle it on my own. All I needed now was for him to leave me alone for a while.

"Liam, I'm fine, don't worry."

"Harry, he misses you." I smiled ironically.

"From your words it doesn't seem like it."

"It's not because of what his mouth said that I understand it, but because of what his eyes said. When I said your name they completely changed their appearance, they almost became watery!"

"Smoke less joints Li."

"Harry, I swear! He misses you and I think you should go to him to clarify what happened." Enough, at this point I just couldn't stand it anymore!

"You know NOTHING about what happened! I'm fine, Louis is just fine, what's the matter? It's my life, you need to stay out!"

Having said that, I threw some money on the table to pay for my coffee and walked out of the coffee shop.

A little later I was in my room lying on the bed, arms behind my head listening to the radio. Stan wasn't there, I didn't know where he was and I didn't even care.

I already regretted how I treated Liam, deep down he was just worried about me and tried to help me.

I heard knocking.

"It's open!" I shouted without getting out of bed.

"Hey, can I come in?" I saw Zayn's face pop out the door.

"Sure, come." I sat up on my bed and to my slight disappointment he sat next to me. He was the first to sit on that bed after Louis, perhaps because no one had ever entered that room, neither him, nor Niall, nor Liam and as far as I knew not even Josh.

"You know," he began, "the last time I tried to come in here Louis kicked me out!" he laughed.

I smiled too. "Yeah, I remember that." What Zayn didn't know though was that I was thinking about how sweet Louis had been to me that night, about how he had kicked Zayn out because he wanted to be with me, about that hug he had given me because I was scared of fireworks. I never found out if he was the one who recommended them to the principal, but right now all I could think about was how much I missed his hugs. I frowned and Zayn probably noticed.