Chapter 2

He looked at me and smiled.

"I am just kidding. Now go to sleep. We talked about this matter in the morning."

I had no choice but to go to sleep whether I liked it or not.

I wake up to the sound of a blender in the kitchen. It was Vijay's habit to make protein shakes in the morning. The entire shelf always looked like a mess, especially in the morning. There were banana peels, oats, strawberries, and whey powder on the shelf. He also put raw eggs in it. I was wondering how a sane person drinks such types of things.

I took a shower and brewed my coffee. I took my favorite mug, in which Dr. to be is written in bold letters, and sat beside Vijay, who enjoyed his protein shake and Netflix on his laptop.

"Vijay, I am serious about the night incident," I said.

"Okay, tell me what is on your mind," he said while closing his laptop and facing me.

"I am not joking bro, I heard that sound for two days"

"But what is special about this sound? Why don't you check it" he said to me while taking a burp, and I felt the smell of raw eggs.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I said while pushing him.

We both laughed. Our lives were not that easy. We enjoyed every moment of life in the city. I belonged to the outskirts of Delhi, and as a son of a farmer, my whole family depends on my education. It was not only my dream to become a doctor but also the Dream of my family. That's why to fulfill my Dream I left my home and went to Delhi medical college. And here I met with Vijay. He was also like me but he belonged to the upper class. His father was a businessman in Haryana province.

" tell me why you are so obsessed with the sound of anklet at night," he said to me while he put his protein shake on the table.