Nabi couldn't be happier with the recent weather and that day was no different

Nabi couldn't be happier with the recent weather and that day was no different. She didn't have to put on layers of clothes in order to feel warm - the spring had come unexpectedly and she took advantage of that to wear the clothes that were left behind for the whole winter.
She listened to Mark Lee's music until she left the uber and walked towards the park where her best friend was supposed to be already waiting for her. Her brows furrowed at the sight of someone that looked definitely like Mark, but he held a guitar in his hands. She took out her airpods and put them back to where they belonged as she walked towards the boy she couldn't believe was actually her best friend. She wondered why he wouldn't mention that he played a guitar when they talked about music and instruments few times, but then again - they didn't know every little thing about each other just yet and that was exciting.

Mark looked around the park as he played soft tunes on the guitar when his eyes finally fell on Nabi. He smiled even though she looked at him with furrowed brows and shock written all over her face. "Hey!"

"Hey." she said hesitantly. "What is- what's going on? You play guitar?" she sat down in front of the boy, on the blanket that he must've brought with him. Her eyes bore into the instrument excitedly as if she wanted to snatch it out of his hands.

"You look like you want to try."

She waved her hands. "No, I can't play. I prefer listening."

He nodded, proceeding to play soft sounds as he talked. "So, listen, um- I wanted to tell you something and I don't know how you'll react."

A nervous chuckle left the girl's mouth. "You're scaring me a little."

"I um-" he bit his bottom lip, unable to say the words he needed to say, so instead, he began to play a song. A song that Nabi recognized right away.

A smile painted her face. "That's Mark Lee's song!"

The boy only smiled and continued. Nabi didn't expect him to sing as well and was thrown off guard when he did.

I should tell you how I feel right now
My heart is impatient
Like a fire that lights up the road in a snowstorm

The more he sang, the more something seemed off to her. Her smile disappeared and her mouth dropped slightly when she realized she knew the voice more than any other.

Yes, I walked only looking at you
Even if everything changes, you remain at the end of my world
Even if I am freezing, I will melt that Milky Way
We're white aliens, look around
It's just the two of us right now

Nabi's eyes filled with tears and she felt a bit dizzy. She had no idea what was going on and how he sounded exactly like Mark Lee. "What is-"

Mark put down the guitar and looked at her with eyes full of many different emotions that Nabi couldn't quite understand. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner."

The girl's eyes widened and she chuckled nervously. "Tell me what? What are you talking about?"

"I wanted you to know before the face reveal, I thought you deserved to know before anyone else." he grabbed her hands but she tore hers out of his grip and stood up.

"No fucking way."

"Nabi, I'm sorry, I should've told you sooner but I really didn't know how."

"You're telling me you're Mark Lee and you kept this from me this whole time?"

The boy tried to reach her hands but she'd hide them away each time. He let out a deep sigh "I wanted to tell you so many times but everything was going so fast between us and I just thought it would be awkward to tell you after some time and, I don't know, stupid excuses."

"I don't- I don't understand." she tried to collect her thoughts "This is so embarrassing."

Mark looked at her confused. "The way I talked about Mark Lee, I mean about you to you, oh my god. This is so embarrassing." she held her head with both hands, unable to believe in the fact that the Mark Lee she loved and adored for so long was indeed her best friend, the faded-blue haired boy that was standing in front of her.

He chuckled and tried to reach for her hands again. "It's not embarrassing, it was so cute. You made me feel so appreciated for my talent and everything."

"I can't do this right now, I need to go." she turned on her heel but Mark rushed in front of her, trying to stop her from leaving. Nabi looked him in the eyes as he held onto her arms. His big, cute boba eyes sparkled and his face expression read regret and fear - fear of loosing a friend like her. Nabi's heart began to beat a little faster when she knew that her best friend that she shared so much with and the one that helped with her break up the most out of all people - just like the artist side of him did with his songs - was the same person, right in front of her eyes.

Meeting Mark Lee like that was never even an option in her imagination. She thought that if she ever did meet him, they'd share a cute interaction at a concert and she'd never be able to forget about it even though he probably would've - considering having tons of fans that he'd share something similar with - and then supporting him from afar again. But the reality was that he's become a part of her life, a person she didn't imagine her life without - a friend she never wanted to lose. Her soulmate, Mark.

😭 what do you think?