Drama in the Works

Drama in the Works

Several days passed by. Nakano Café had gotten quite busy with customers stopping in each day to eat. Some of them had left five-star reviews about the delectable taste of the food served by Nino and Miku, which drew in more attention from tourists and natives looking for a place to eat. Even so, it was a small place, a family restaurant with the flare of a café since Nino and Miku also created desserts to go with the menu. Fruit cakes, pancakes, parfaits, and waffles were some of the desserts that were on the list.

Nino smiled proudly at how sweet the desserts they baked turned out.

"We're more like a bakery café than a family restaurant," Miku commented. She poured out some of the matcha latte she had prepared that morning.

Shortly afterward, some customer came in and ordered some breakfast sandwiches and the fresh pastries Nino had brought out. For drinks, they were delighted to have some of Miku's matcha lattes. In turn, Nino and Miku were hard at work and had bright smiled on their faces. It was another busy day that was worth being able to serve food and beverages to people.

"Oh, Nino-san and Miku-san!"

A familiar man called out to the quintuplets.

Nino said, "Ah, Ichika's manager."

Miku sighed. "Nino, you're being rude."

Ichika, their eldest sister, was an actress, and this man was her manager. At some point, Miku had helped Ichika with babysitting her manager's daughter in the past.

Miku turned towards the manager and smiled. "Welcome. It's been a while."

Ichika's manager nodded and smiled back. "Oh, it has indeed! Have you had a chance to get into contact with Ichika-chan?"

Miku said, "No, not much. She's been busy with her acting career, after all."

Ichika's manager responded with a quizzical look on his face. "Is that so? I'm sure the new medical drama she's been in has given her a lot to go through with the lines."

Nino ad Miku glanced at each other before asking the manager, "Medical drama?"

Ichika's manager was surprised. "You mean, you haven't heard about the medical drama that she's been in these past few weeks?"

In Dean Matsunaga's office at Seimei University Hospital, Eiichi himself and a few others were there to discuss something.

"We would like the pleasure to film some of our drama episodes here at Seimei U, Dean Matsunaga," the drama director proclaimed. "It is the perfect hospital to base our medical dramas on!"

Dean Matsunaga raised his eyebrows and said, "Oh, my. This is such a wonderful opportunity, indeed! Whom have you casted for this drama, if I may ask?"

The director exchanged words with Dean Matsunaga, who smiled as he typically did. Though, there was a glint more to Matsunaga's eyes. Once the director left, Toshiki Kasumi knocked and came into the office.

"You seem amused," Toshiki said.

Dean Matsunaga clasped his hands together and replied, "Something interesting has happened. We have been selected for a medical drama."

"Do we have a list of cast members?"

"We do, but I would keep this list private from anyone here since filming hasn't begun. Plus, it's personal."

"Ah."

Toshiki was quite a secret keeper. He went to inform the EICU team of their schedules, but he heard the voices of his underlings (if one could put the term to them), while he walked to the office.

Yuuko raised her hand. "Hey, when do you think Kasumi and Nino will get married?"

Sentaro grinned menacingly. "That's not for you to know, butthead."

"But..." Yuuko pouted.

Tetsuya grinned slightly, "I would like to know too, Sen."

Kaede said, "No business here as Sen said."

Munechika sighed, and at the same moment, Toshiki came in. Rather than being somewhat afraid and surprised, Munechika frowned, hiding frustration. Everyone stopped their conversation and prepared their reports and/or work so far.

Toshiki face showed he was aloof as always. "I see you're delighted for something, though we're at work."

Since Toshiki was known for being an Overlord of the Dark and Prince of the Underworld, Yuuko nearly gasped. Tetsuya and the others did their best to conceal their shock at Toshiki's comment. Then, Toshiki took a seat and asked to hear their reports, so everyone answered and gave some plausible works for Toshiki, the chief of Seimei University Hospital.

"You may all be excused and concentrate on your assignments," Toshiki said before he went to his office.

No one. No one that day had suspected there was anything about the drama since Toshiki and Eiichi (Dean Matsunaga) had been silent about the fact there would be filming. Yet, that night was one of those "study nights" for Sentaro to stay over at Toshiki's house. There was no way for Eiichi to discuss his thoughts about what the drama and filming would be like.

Sentaro wasn't his usual self, as Toshiki had observed. Sentaro sighed happily after he finished his study and working that night.

"Kasumi," he then said. "Can you check my work?"

"Of course." Toshiki took the papers and read through each page thoroughly.

Sentaro went to the kitchen and took some of the leftover curry from the refrigerator and in his own Tupperware. He returned to the table and placed the Tupperware on it. Toshiki looked at Sentaro and stared at him. Meanwhile, someone stepped near the home Toshiki had and smiled.

Sentaro asked, "What's wrong, Kasumi?"

"Why don't you submit your papers to Seimei? It's been toon long for several months since you worked on research. These are essays, not mere reports and short studies I know as your chief at work."

Sentaro frowned with an expression of dismay afterward. He nodded and said, "No. I wouldn't submit them to the point to getting them any conferences like Hosho (Tetsuya) does. I just..."

Then, Sentaro took a deep breath before walking out, still carrying the Tupperware. The person who was coming to Toshiki's stairs was close by and when Sentaro opened the door, his eyes widened. Unfortunately, he dropped the Tupperware and the food spilled out.

"N—"

That person had already grabbed Sentaro up and kissed him.