𝟎𝟔. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬...

Start from the beginning

"Is there something wrong?"

"No Li, it's okay, I just have a bit of a headache... I think I'll come back to the hostel."

"Do you want me to accompany you?"

"NO!" I realised I'd screamed and Liam was looking at me dumbfounded so I went back to my normal voice. "No thanks, stay here and enjoy yourself."

Without giving him time to answer me, I headed for the exit, but once outside I realised that I had no desire to go back to the hostel so I started walking around the city. After a while I slumped against a tree on the ground. I realised that I must have come to the edge of town, because there was nobody there and I was surrounded by fields. The alcohol still clouded my mind, instinctively I put my head in my hands. I couldn't understand why that scene bothered me so much. He wasn't doing anything wrong, he was drunk and having fun with a girl, basically that's what I was doing too. So why was I so upset? It made no sense!

I heard footsteps near me, I raised my head and saw him there staring at me. I remained motionless, just as I had remained earlier in that bar. Once I realised it wasn't a vision like I'd first thought, I tried in vain to figure out what he was doing there. He didn't move, he was standing in front of me and looking at me and I looked at him. Despite the dim light I could see mirrored in his blue eyes, my green ones. We stayed like that for a while, then he sighed and sat down next to me. Now he no longer looked at me, he was simply silent. I couldn't stand the situation anymore so I spoke.

"What are you doing here?"

He kept his silence and I assumed he didn't mean to answer.

"I don't know." His voice was a whisper and I assumed he was answering more to himself than to me.

"You don't know?"

I didn't answer him, not knowing what to say.

"Why did you leave?"

"What?" I asked confused.

"Why did you leave the bar?"

How had he realised that I had left with all those people and while he was kissing that girl? I didn't even know he had noticed that I had entered.

"It was too hot and that crowd of people was making me suffocate," I lied.

"I don't believe you."

Had he noticed that I had seen him kissing that girl? That he had left because... To come to me?

"Louis, what are you doing here?" I asked him again.

He didn't answer me, but after a while he gave me a kiss on the cheek and stood up. I looked at him confused, blushing. He was smiling at me and offering his hand. I took it and he helped me up. Once I was up, he didn't let go of my hand and continued to smile at me. He was really beautiful when he smiled.

"Come on, let's go back to the hostel." Without letting go of my hand, we went back the way we had come. He walked me up to the door of my room, at that point he left me.

"Well... bye then."

I smiled and waved to him, then opened the door.

"Hey Harry?"

I turned back with one hand still on the door.

"Yes?"

"No, nothing... good night."

"Goodnight Louis."

I entered that room and threw myself on the bed, confused.

I was no longer understanding anything. Louis ignoring me, Louis having fun with me, Louis hurting me, Louis hugging me, Louis telling me he'll stay away from me, Louis kissing that girl, Louis following me, Louis giving me a kiss on the cheek, Louis taking me back to the hotel holding my hand. But what was his problem? Why was he so moody? And then, hold my hand? What has gotten into him, but above all, why hadn't I opposed to it? He didn't make sense! I must have gone crazy, yes yes, that was the only explanation.