Chapter 68 - Do You Know Da Wae?

Start from the beginning

"If you just get to the point, then yeah it will be enough time" Kazutora answered.

"Okay, here's the situation. My friend Yumi works for Bonten as their secretary and they keep harassing her."

"Then why doesn't she quit?"

"She's afraid of them hurting her and her loved ones if she just suddenly quit out of the blue."

"Hmm."

"So I was thinking that maybe you could help me get her and her family away from Bonten."

"How do you think I can manage something like that?" Kazutora crossed his arms.

"Good question." I sat there and thought for a second.

"Um, Mr. Kazutora..." Yumi started.

"Don't call me Mr."

"Okay. Kazutora, sir."

Kazutora let out a sigh because of how formal Yumi was being. "Yeah?"

"Do you think it's possible to just help (Y/n) get away from Bonten?"

"Yumi!" I quickly turned to look at her. "I told you I was fine."

"But (Y/n), if he can't help me then I'm sure there's a way he can help you."

"I can easily help (Y/n)" Kazutora commented.

"See, (Y/n)." Yumi had a determined look on her face. "You really should consider the idea."

"Look, I keep telling you I'm fine with how things are right now."

"You're fine you say?" Kazutora was clearly pressing X to doubt. "They killed that friend of yours and one of those girls you used to work with at The Underground." He uncrossed is arms. "There's no way you're fine."

I didn't know if he was trying to care for me or what. "For starters, fuck that bitch Aoi, she's the reason they caught my ass in the first place. And secondly, Satori flipped the switch on me when he found out I was involved with Bonten." Now I was crossing my arms across my chest. "So fuck him too."

Yumi was shocked after hearing this information. "I'm so sorry, (Y/n)."

"Don't know why you're apologizing. It's already been a couple of months since those two were killed."

(You can say that them and the issue was Dead and Gone. Get it? Like the song?...I'll see myself to the door now.)

"But you were still close to them, were you not?" Yumi asked.

I sighed. "Anyways, can you help Yumi or not, Kazutora?"

"I need some time to think about this" he replied.

"Speaking of time, we should probably start heading back (Y/n)" Yumi suggested.

"Fuck!" I stood up. "If we weren't talking about pointless shit, we could have came up with a plan" I complained and left the break room.

"(Y/n)." Yumi was going to go and check on me but Kazutora stopped her.

"Give me (Y/n)'s phone number."

"The one to her flip phone?"

"Yeah, I figured she only has that thing because her other one is tapped."

Yumi pulled out a piece of paper and a pen from her bag. She then pulled out her phone and looked up my number, writing it down on the piece of paper. "Here you go." She handed Kazutora the paper.

"Thanks." He went ahead and added my flip phone number to his contact list. He made sure to have my name saved as 'Pain in the ass'.

"Thank you for your help, Kazutora, sir." Yumi bowed her head again and left the break room.