◇•Two Snapes in Diagon-Alley•◇

Layla was reading a book when her father came in.

"Layla, we have to go to Diagon-Alley to get your school stuff." said Severus Snape.

A shy pair of green eyes looked away from the book and stared at Severus.

"I know!" said a voice coming from behind the book.

Then, her whole face showed a smile, not looking at the book but at her dad.

"My first year of school is starting and I'm really excited! How could I forget about going to Diagon-Alley?" Layla said, giggling.

Snape looked at her and smiled, which was rare.

'Layla Snape, how you've grown...' he thought.

"What are you waiting for, dad?" Severus heard from behind.

He looked and saw his daughter with a big backpack and a cage waiting for him.
They used Floo Powder to travel from their home to Diagon-Alley. When they got there, Layla wouldn't stop moving from all the excitement. Severus looked around. That place was full of memories: good and bad.

"Mom, look! Let's get a kitty!" said a little girl passing by with her mother. Which the mother replied no because they were looking for her older brother.

"Dad?" Layla called "Where are we going first?"

"Ollivander's" he answered

They headed to Olivander's and entered. Ollivander was behind a desk, cleaning it. He seemed not to notice them, but then he looked up and saw them.

"Oh hello there!" he welcomed with a big smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet you again, Ollivander." Severus said.

Layla, not being much of a girl who talks to strangers, was standing behind her father.

"Hello, young lady!" he greeted. Turning to Snape he asked: "Is she your daughter?"

Snape nodded and petted Layla's black hair. He grabbed her arm and gently pulled her from behind him to his front. Ollivander got on his knees.

"You're not used to talk to people you don't know, are you?" he asked.

Layla shook her head in denial.

"My dad always told me to stay away from strangers..." she answered "Even though, I do not think you're a stranger to him"

"Well, you're right little missy! I was the one who sold your father his wand. Almost everyone in Hogwarts has a wand of mine!"

Layla smirked at her dad, knowing he broke his wand a few weeks ago.

"Yea... about that-" started Severus "I might have had a little... incident, I must say. The wand is broken, and I know you very well to know you won't fix it."

Layla giggled as Ollivander took two boxes from the shelves. He handed one to Layla and one to her father. Snape looked at his box and then looked at Ollivander.

"I'm afraid you replicated my old wand?" he said, hesitating just a bit.

"Your guess is correct, as always, Severus" Ollivander grinned.

Layla looked at her box. There was something written on the bottom of it.
Fir wood with a unicorn core 11 ¼" and solid flexibility.
She opened the box. A wand made out of a light wood was in it. She grabbed the wand and instantly felt some sort of mix of surprise, relief and... magic. Ollivander looked at her.

"Make any movement with your wand, but NOT  a sudden one!" he said.

Layla shaked her wand slightly. It created a sparkly light blue line that followed the wand movements. She was fascinated!

"Was that me, who created the magic?" she asked, stuttering.

"Yes, my dear" Ollivander replied.

"Dad! Look what I can do!" Layla shouted, still looking at the wand.

"Very well." Severus said. "I think it's time for us to go get the rest of the school supplies."

They left and went to grab the books and cauldron. When they had everything, Layla stopped in front of the animal store.

"Dad, I'm missing my pet companion!" She said.

"I know, Layla. Let's go inside then." Her father answered.

They went inside. There were various owls, frogs and cats. Layla started looking at the cats.

"Oh please, not a cat!" Severus warned. "I do not want cat fur all over the house."

Layla got away from the cat section, a little disappointed. She looked at the frogs and quickly went to the owl section. Grey owls, snow owls, brown owls; so much to pick from. A little owl started to get close to her. It was a white owl with slightly brown spots.

"Dad, look at this one!" Layla said.

"Do you want her?" Severus asked.

"Yes, pleaaaaase!" she answered.

"Okay then. Let's pay for her." said her father while she held the owl to put on her inside the cage.

They paid and left. Layla was very happy with coming home already with a wand and a pet. She hopped all the way to the nearest fireplace, then waited for her dad and they used Floo Powder again to go home.