the girl with teal-colored hair observed the exchange of glances between the president and vice president, specifically noting the affectionate look on the former's face.

suddenly, she had a realization that was as bright as a lightbulb being switched on.

"oh."

in accordance with cyno's promise, the duo engaged in cheerful conversations at their beloved bookstore

cyno was absorbed in listening to y/n's voice, ceasing his reading altogether. as she enjoyed a coffee jelly gifted to her by cyno, she recounted an incident from her class that took place earlier.

"the girl smacked her textbook in the guy's face after he abruptly grabbed a strand of her hair. you should've seen the professor's face!"

although the girl continued to speak, his' attention was solely fixated on the radiance of her face, leaving him entranced and neglecting to listen.

he was experiencing nauseating sensations that resurfaced, yet he allowed himself to completely surrender to these feelings once more.

"it was pretty embarrassing how she cursed the guy and then smacked the textbook, but it was still hilarious! and— cyno, are you listening to me?"

as soon as his name was uttered, he was interrupted from his contemplations and appeared to be perplexed by the message she was conveying.

you simply let out a sigh and a laugh, then asked, "would you like me to repeat myself?"

cyno declined, shaking his head. "i must confess that even if you try, my attention won't be diverted," he conceded, fixating once again on your lips.

the memory of how your lips felt against his remains strong in his mind. he is reminded of it every time he thinks of you, causing his ears to become hot again, even as you casually enjoy your coffee jelly.

however, those fleeting thoughts dissipated as he observed a frosty coating on the edge of your mouth.

without hesitation, he hastily retrieved a box of tissues that he consistently carried in anticipation of emergencies. quickly, he wiped the cloth over your mouth to remove the frosting.

"sorry, there was a frosting on your lips. carry on," he crumpled the tissue, putting it in his pants' pocket to dispose of it later. the girl sitting next to him was unable to speak, and her entire face was now blushing bright red.

with a puzzled expression, the boy with white hair cocked his head, perplexed by the unexpected hush that fell upon the girl.

she began to stutter and mutter incoherently. cyno chuckled softly as he comprehended the reason behind her behavior.

"would you like me to repeat that again next time?" he asked abruptly, causing the young lady to cease her words and exhibit a sign of annoyance as she turned away to avoid making eye contact.

after being rendered speechless, the girl eventually responded with the cautionary phrase, "don't become overly audacious." which caused cyno to chuckle.

instead of a verbal response, the sound of shuffling caught your attention, causing you to turn around and discover he was already clutching a manga.

as soon as you laid your eyes on the cover, which was from the anime 'kimi no todoke.'

you were filled with recognition and couldn't help but open your mouth in amazement. it turned out to be a volume that was missing from your collection, making you extremely happy.

cyno maintained a quiet demeanor as he watched your reaction closely, paying attention to your expression and the manner in which your eyes fixated on a protruding sticky note on one of the pages.

you took the book with care and proceeded to flip it open to the exact page indicated by the sticky note.

recognizing that the specific panel portrayed a scene where the couple confessed their genuine emotions to each other, which occurred during a significant moment within the classroom setting. your gaze shifted toward the sticky note written with a cursive handwriting.

look at the person next to you, and say yes.

as per the sticky note's instructions, your focus returned to cyno whose cheeks seemed to have reddened. it was evident that he had a multitude of words he wished to express to you, as he struggled to articulate his ideas effectively.

"just so you know, i made some annotations on it and i must admit, i am quite fond of it. regarding the message and panel, my love for you knows no bounds," he held his gaze on you, and continued.

"i like you y/n, and would you kindly accept my proposal on going out with me and say yes?"

the utterance induced a smile to appear on your face and triggered feelings of joy, yet you chose to compose yourself, acknowledging the significance of the precious moment unfolding before you.

with his face showing a visible flush and his hand extending towards yours, refusing him seems impossible.

"i'm always open to the idea of going out with you, and it's clear that my emotions towards you are already apparent, cyno."

chapter written : april 07 2023