Chapter 19: Christmas Surprise

Zacznij od początku

Currently, Akira was in the classroom while the teacher was teaching in the classroom, he mutes the teacher out as he was lost in thought and was looking at his phone. There was a message there from Aoi, it was a date and time and location, and ended the message with a heart-shaped emoji. Mentally sighing to himself, he looked back at the blackboard when the teacher started asking questions in the class, while he does that. Miku took a quick glance at him. She wanted to talk to him but she couldn't. 

'What if...' Miku then started planning up something inside her head. '...Maybe a parfait? That'd be perfect... Yes... And to make it less awkward and embarrassing, inviting Itsuki would be good too... Yes,' she devised a plan to have a chance to talk to Akira again but considering the fact that they're busy with their plan, she holds back this idea. 

She looked out of the window and reflected on what they did. First, they looked for another place to live just a day after the announcement that Fuutarou quits being their tutor and was banned from entering their home. Then with the help of Ebata who estimated their expenses and also dressed him up differently by giving him a tan and a change in hair color from gray to blonde and forged a fake resume with Ebata's smiling face.

When the school bell rang, Miku was the first to leave the classroom and meets up with the others outside the school gate. Once they all met up, they then went home immediately and packed their things. Placing things like clothes, toiletries, and some futons too as it turns out, the apartment only has one bed and they couldn't afford an actual bed, so they chose to use a futon instead. Waiting outside was Ebata and a guy from a moving company. With the final box from their home, they loaded the truck and moved out of the condo to the apartment.

"Well, looks like this is it..." Itsuki said.

"Yeah, the start of our independence..." Yotsuba added.

"Yes, something we all agreed to do..." Miku also chimed in.

"Let's just hope father won't be too mad because of this decision... But we do have to study and... Well, I don't want to admit it but we do need that jerk..." Said Nino.

"I just hope that I can balance my work and study for this... But come on, girls. Let's surprise both of them!" Ichika said with a sly smirk on her face. Feeling proud of what they did. 

Of course, they had to unpack everything which was a tiring endeavor but one way or the other, they still did it and finished moving. Tired from their hard labor, they didn't bother to eat dinner and just laid down on the futon before sleeping. 

Then, the time came. It's just a few more days before Christmas comes, the school then held a closing ceremony for the students before they could head out and enjoy their winter break. Though for a lot of students, felt happy and relieved that they have time off of school, and because of this, they could go around town, go on dates, shop, or just stay at home. But as for Fuutarou Uesgui. He came to work at the shop. 

Due to how popular their shop was, there were a lot of people and both Akira and Fuutarou had to work hard. They also dragged Karlos into this and forced him to work with them. With the three of them working as waiters who serve the customers, Minami at the cash register, and both Eiji and Emiko were at the kitchen cooking on the double. This routine went on for three days and on the 24th of December, the number of customers seems to be decreasing. Seeing as things calms down and the others seem to be handling it, Akira went at the back to change to his everyday clothes and heads out. 

"Okay, I'm going out now," He said.

"Sure, be safe!" Minami exclaimed as she resumes serving the remaining customers.      

Opening the door, Akira saw Fuutarou promoting their business with him holding a sign and wearing an outfit that was fit for the season. "Hey, you going already?" He asked as soon as he noticed Akira.