Chapter 19: Christmas Surprise

A week has passed since Karlos transferred and in those short times. Karlos made friends with Fuutarou and the quintuplet sisters and was even invited to join in their study session. Prior to joining, Karlos was told by Akira that the five of them had a hard time studying by themselves but what Karlos is seeing, is the way they were serious. There don't seem to be any signs of problems except the things they don't understand in the lessons. Karlos offered his help to in teaching them some of the lessons in English and Science, though he struggles with math and Japanese too though they were kind to accept such help. 

Currently, Akira and Karlos were in the living room, they were practicing with their guitars. Strumming the strings creates a melody that relaxes those who could hear it. Even some of the neighbors were thankful to listen to them every night.

"Oh yeah, I was invited earlier by Itsuki Nakano," Karlos instigated by saying so. 

"I see. Did something change between them?" 

"No, not really. Apart from the struggles they were having in both English and Science, there doesn't seem to be any problems. Though Ichika, the oldest of the sisters, seems to be leaving much early than the others." 

"Oh, that's because she has a gig as an actress." 

"Really now?" Karlos had a brow raised, intrigued by this. "If that's the case then I'm going to reserve some of her movies," 

"Yeah, I was planning for that too." The two boys laughed. 

"Oh yeah, it's been a week since we've been practicing our guitars. I've been meaning to ask you but is there some sort of instrument shop in this city?" 

"Why, Are you going to buy a new guitar?" 

"Apart from a pack of strings, it's also good to have a drum to make a beat. Singing and a guitar is good if you want to write acoustic music but I'm sure you're thinking of more than just that, right?" 

"Yeah, you're right," Akira agreed. Then they heard the doorbell rings. "Huh? Who could it be this late?" Akira stood up and went to the door and looked through the peephole and saw Aoi. Immediately, Akira opened the door. "Aoi? What are you doing here this late in the evening?"

"Oh, Akira there you are. Do you mind if we talk alone?" Then Karlos walked out of the living room and Aoi asks. "Who's that?" 

"Oh, he's Karlos. he's my cousin apparently," Akira answered.

"Wait, what?"

"Long story," Karlos said. "Well, I'm going to bed now, see ya." 

Karlos then went to his room with his guitar and both Aoi and Akira went to the living room, but before Akira could sit down. He made some tea and offers a cup to Aoi. "Thank you," She said before drinking it. While she drinks, Akira sits down and Aoi let out a satisfied sigh. "Hit's right in the spot after walking alone in the snow. Anyway, I'm actually here to tell you some good news." 

"What is it?" 

"I'm going to be getting my surgery on the 27th of December."

"Really? That's great!" 

"Yeah... But, I'm actually kind of scared. I mean, I've never had surgery before. I don't know if it'll be painful or not." 

"Aoi, we're in the 21st century. I'm sure there's anesthesia applied to you before you the surgery actually happens, I'm sure you'll be fine, you're strong after all." 

"Right... Though before that... Can I ask you a favor?" 

"What is it?" 

~~