"Ada how late are you?"
"One week" she said timidly, Clara gave her a look from the table, that was not what she had told her the other day.
"Five weeks" she admitted at both Clara and Pollys gazes "seven if you count weekends, I think it's a lack of iron" both Pol and Clar breathed out simultaneously. Polly sat down in Ada's discarded chair and gave Clara a look.
"I got some tablets"
"But did they work ades?" Clara asked the girl
She paused and took a seat before saying "No"
"Well Ada we better take you to a doctor then" Polly said.
"Go to Mrs Simeons, she'll tell you if you are or not Ades"

Outside Mrs Simeons, Clara lit up a cigarette and handed it to Ada, thinking she'd need it more than her after the news and Pol said "keep bloody walking, if anybody sees us here they'll know"
"I'm not getting rid of it"
"I say depending on who the father is, it should be her choice Aunt Pol"
"Just come home and we'll talk about it" Polly gripped Ada's arm but she pulled away
"You get off me or I'll scream it, I swear"
A moment of silence ensued upon the three until Polly spoke "Alright, you want to do this on the street, let's do it. Who's is it"
"If I tell you, you'll tell them and they'll cut him to pieces,"
"Not if he marries you they won't" Clara said to Ada, lighting a cigarette for herself. "Will he marry you" she added as an after thought.
"I dunno, I dunno where he is"
"Jesus Christ, Ada"
"He's gone away but he said he'll come back"
"Yeah but they all say they'll come back, men are like that, have I not taught you anything" Clara groaned.
"He's not like that, he's a good man, he promised" and she started to cry, so Clara took her into her arms, rubbing her back comfortingly.
Still in the embrace, Ada looked up into Pols face "he will come back Aunt Pol, I know he will"
Clara pulled away from her slightly "let's get you home"

Next day came faster than expected and Tommy didn't speak to Clara like he promised. All she knew was that this morning he was out getting his new horse he had won from the Lee family.

Clara had a shift that morning so decided to walk to the pub half an hour early, just to get some extra work done. So putting on a plain blouse, skirt and cardigan, with black leather boots, she left the house, calling goodbye to a Ada, who didn't reply because she had locked herself up in her room ever since the night before. However, looking to cross the lane, she caught sight of Tommy and the new horse but he was talking to someone.
A blonde girl.
Grace.

Clara would say she wasn't an insecure person in the slightest, she was part of the biggest gang In Birmingham and ran the whole city, so why did she care about Grace. She was half of Clara, and for all we knew, could be some sort of spy, who knows anymore.

She told herself to forget about her so she did, but her thoughts were still plagued with Tommy. That was something she couldn't forget about.

Her shift actually started at 11 but when the clock striked she had already been wiping tables for 20 minutes, because the pub was empty, before none other than Grace came in, completely stopping Clara from forgetting about her.
"Do you want a drink or something?" The Scott said to Grace sassily, taking a drag of a cigarette.
"I'm working today, Harry said he was going to book you off, you can go home" she said in her thick Irish accent.
"But I have only worked like one shift all week, you've taken every one of them" she said affronted. No she didn't have to work it wasn't like she needed the money, but she did enjoy working there.
"Well doesn't seem like you really need the money, living with Tommy and everything"
"Dangerous game you're playing, first name basis with Tom now are we?" Clara said, walking round the bar and stepping closer to her.
"Just so you know, he wouldn't go near you with a ten foot pole" she added
"And he would you?"
"You know, love, you better watch your mouth, because my family, may not be blood, but will come and cut you if you say one thing to offend me"
"Or I could do it myself," she shrugged "I'd cut a nice deep smile into your mouth, maybe it would make you look half decent" Harry came out from out the back, looking thunderstruck at the sight of Clara and Grace standing face to face, and hearing the words that had just come out of the Peaky's mouth.

"What's going on here?" He said timidly
"Nothing," Clara said smiling, taking a step back from the frozen Grace, "just giving her a talk on how things are run around her, don't think anyone gave her the introduction" Clara grabbed her coat and made for the door, "enjoy your shift" she mockingly smiled holding her hand up and wiggling her fingers, and slammed the door behind her.

"Whats she being such a bitch for?" Grace asked, still looking at the place where the other woman had disappeared.
"I told you from the start, never ever get on Clara Scott's bad side. How did you manage to get on it so fast" he asked her
"Well I only spoke to Tommy"
"Ahh rookie mistake, rule number one, never interfere with Tommy and Clara" he explained to her, pouring them both a whisky.
"But they're not even dating" she said exasperated
"No one will ever know what happens between Clara and Tommy apart from them, but all we know is that there is something going on there"