Chapter 43: Secret Rendezvous

Começar do início

"Ah. There it is. Shioi's fleet is needed to find and draw out the New Mediterranean Dreadnought Water Princess. From there, Force X will handle the transport run. Force Z is also involved in the search."

"So it's a small role again? They are not going to be happy." (Prinz Eugen)

"Not really. There are multiple areas they need liberate before they can even try to draw the enemy out of it's hiding place. It sounds small but it's a vital role."

"But won't it be more efficient if we use this composition?" (Prinz Eugen)

Prinz Eugen pointed at 'Comp 1', which consists of 1 Submarine Tender, 2 Light Carriers, and 3 Submarines. It also includes a Light Cruiser for a Strike Force.

"That will only work if we have another Light Carrier to spare. Shouhou and Zuihou are already locked in to Force Z. Ryuujou is on standby. And besides, soon we are not going to have a Submarine Tender anymore."

"Why? Is Taigei going to be transferred out to another base?" (Prinz Eugen)

"No. The blueprints to remodel Taigei into a Light Carrier are finally going to be handed to me. I have been asking them for years and only now then I will receive it. I should get it once this operation is over. Maybe I will get Yuubari to deliver it to me since she is coming back."

Right before the Exercise/Tourney, Yuubari and Akashi were called to Yokosuka HQ to help the Engineering Corp develop a new ship-based anti-Abyssal weapon. I rejected it since I need Akashi to maintain the armoury and Yuubari to participate in the Exercise. They were insistent and said even Yuubari was fine since she is good at experimentation and was somewhat an Engineer as well. So I sent Yuubari on the condition they do not overwork her.

As far as I know, the Engineering Corps were trying to restart the cancelled 'Warship Gaia' project. It was essentially a plan to build a battleship that can fight the Abyssals. Obviously, it failed. But now, seeing the success of the defence turrets conceptualized and built by the pair, the human Engineers want to implement a similar system onto a ship. While it sounds cool and will finally let us humans fight the Abyssals together with the Shipgirls, I already know it's going to fail. Even with heavy modifications, there is no way you can just enlarge a 12cm cannon, slap it on a battleship, and expect it to punch a hole in an Abyssals I-class. Though, our Defence Turrets are essentially just oversized 12.7cm guns.

Huh... Maybe it could work if they figure out how to stabilise the recoil...

"That's great. Taigei must be excited." (Prinz Eugen)

"I actually haven't told her yet so lets keep it a secret. 'kay?"

"Ja. I will keep mum about it." (Prinz Eugen)

Prinz Eugen cover her mouth with both hands. This little girl... I poked her cheeks,

"Alright. Lets get to work."

Prinz Eugen and I begin our 'strategic meeting'. We discussed and came up with a number of routes, formations, and what action to take under what circumstance. While doing that, I noticed the same glaring issue that has been happening lately.

I want to see Zuihou. I want to go and see her so badly. I know I'm going to see her later but I miss her already. This feeling has been going on for the past week now.

"How about this? An All-out formation on Point X. The Destroyers and Carriers will simultaneously launch their payload at the two Re-class. The Cruisers will take care of the Wo-class kai and subsequently the others." (Prinz Eugen)

"Good idea, but that will leave you open to attacks from the others. I was thinking the Carriers and Cruisers should focus their attacks on the Re-class. The Destroyers will handle the anti-air and provide cover fire. If you give Seaplane bombers to Suzuya and Kumano, they should be able to soften up the Tsu-class and Ni-class."