5pm - khai ♡

tw: khai being a tsundere, reader being overconfident and praising khai nonstop, reader's older brother wanting to kill khai but was held back by reader's older sister.

I never thought I would make a khai x reader HAHAHAHA but now enjoy our dearest khai <33

-

everyday at 5pm in the evening, [name] and [brother's name] would be outside to increase their skill of badminton with [sister's name] watching them play.

khai who was their neighbor, would take out the trash that evening and would be annoyed by their cheering. so in that exact same time, khai held on the trash bag that was in his hands and rolled his eyes at the sister and brother play the sport.

he always wanted to compete with [name] but was too scared to be a bother. plus, her brother was protective of her. khai knew [brother's name] would kill him if he gets near [name].

until one day, khai's mother told khai to invite his friends to help decorate and tidy up his house. moon, iman, ali and zass decided to volunteer. khai then told them to arrive at 5pm to start helping out his mother.

but ali, zass, iman and moon got distracted by the siblings playing badminton.

-

a day before raya....

"where are they?" khai mumbled while holding his phone, looking at the messages their friends sent a few hours before five. "khai can you take out the trash?" his mother called for him to do his all day chores.

"be there in a second!" he yelled back closing his phone and putting it at his nightstand to let it charge fully.

khai made his way towards the kitchen when he heard [name] outside cheering. he rolled his eyes with heat appeared on his face, "silly" he thought about her face being all cheery as she beat [brother's name]

he then carried the heavy black plastic bag filled with trash and leftovers, heading to the opened door. when he was done with his chore, "I'll just take a peak, it's not like I want to watch her be happy" he thought.

he then decided to look at the match behind a tree. but once he saw it, his flat face turned into a shocked one.

"that's so cool [name]!" moon shouted as ali and iman agreed with her while zass kept nodding his head nonstop. [name] then did a victory dance Infront of her brother. now [brother's name] was determined than ever to beat his little sister.

ali, iman, moon and zass was watching them playing the whole time!

"oh so that's why you guys were late!" khai yelled as the attention now goes to him. he was walking up to them with a 'you dare watch this girl play badminton with her brother than helping my mom?' expression. the [hair colour] girl and her brother then stopped their actions to look over at the situation.

ali, iman and moon then hid behind the confused zass who was 5'7 taller than the four of them. "why did you guys didn't say anything in the group chat?" he sighed, trying to calm down.

"we were distracted by they're bizarre moves! of course we wanted to check it out! plus, there was no wifi" moon explained, still feeling scared of the raging khai suddenly killing the mood earlier.

"moon got a point there, neighbor. I sure caught your friends attention by my skills huh?" [name] giggled while folding her arms, "also tomorrow is raya. how about we try calming down buddy" she added, trying to be nice while scratching the back her head. but then [sister's name] come out of the house.

"I'm not your buddy." khai spat at the girl. [name]'s smile then dropped and she furrowed her brows. now it was silence, not to mention awkward.

"h-how about we all just c-calm down?" ali suggested, zass, iman and moon then agreed. "no, this is not over until we see who wins." [brother's name] then gave an evil smirk at khai.

khai also smirked, pushing his glasses like an anime character. "challenge accepted"

khai grabbed the racket that was in [brother's name]'s hands and stood on the opposite side of where [name] was standing with her racket.

but little did [name] know, khai won lots and lots of badminton tournaments. his room was filled with medals and trophies. but only ali, iman and moon knew since khai was very close to the three of them.

[brother's name], [sister's name], ali, zass, iman and moon was nervous on how the match will go.

~~~

time skipped brought to you by syakira
~

~~

both of them were tired from their movements. even if it's just five rounds, it wasn't easy moving around trying to catch the bulu tangkis, swinging the racket at the perfect timing, etc.

but in that five rounds, khai was very fast and perfect at almost everything he does! his techniques, his predictions- it's amazing how he's perfect. meaning he won the whole round.

khai let out a soft chuckled as he pushed his glasses as a victory sign for [name] to be mad.

now about the girl, she stood there with a shocking expression and her eyes twitching. khai took that as a sign of her anger.

but no. her eyes then lit up. the [hair colour] girl ran up to the black haired boy. khai stepped back as she was now too close to his face, his cocky face then turned into a flushed one. "t-too.. close!" he thought as his eyes met with [eye colour] ones.

"you were so cool back there!" [name] yelled with a smile spread across her face. khai furrowed his brows and was red then spoke up, "o-of course! I-I'm always b-better than you!"

while [name] started to ramble about his movements during their match, making khai into blushing mess. her brother who saw the scene wasn't taking it but was held back by [sister's name]'s strong arms.

but after all of that, they all helped khai's mother decorate her house for tomorrow. laughters and teamwork was all over the house.

khai is now ready than ever to beat [name] at a match of badminton everyday at 5pm to just get butterflies in his stomach.

-

why am I writing this? it's not like khai 😭😭