Authors Note

Hi! This is my first time writing something. So don't expect it to be perfect. I just really like Newsies, and Sprace is one of my favorite ships, so ya.  Thought I'd write a Sprace story. And I like West Side Story and the Outsiders, and I thought the late 50s/early 60s era might blend decently with Newsies, so I decided that this could be fun.

Anyways, I am not a historian, and will most likely get something wrong. If I do, just tell me, and I will try to fix it. Also, I might not write the characters exactly how they are supposed to be and their decisions may not make sense for that character but whatever. 

Just a note, in case you didn't read the description (Don't go read it now. It was a horrible description), this story follows the Newsies pro shot versions of the characters, not the movie. Don't get me wrong, the movie is still really good. I just prefer the musical version. 

Also, I'm horrible at keeping up with things and really good at procrastinating, so if I stop writing for a while, I'll probably get back to it eventually. 

I should probably note that all rights go to Disney, I do not own most of these characters. 

so yeah, I guess try to enjoy whatever this is.

-The author (potato_lover45)

PS, Check out my friends' stories. They're both Newsies fanfics. One is called Pure by CheekyCheese333, and the other is called The Road To Harlem and it's by 111008953a.