"D, I can't be la-"

"Pull the car over." he repeats, squeezing my thigh again.

I tuck my lips into my mouth to keep from talking back and pull into a random food joint parking lot.

"Now look at me."

"I don't wanna look at you right now." I cross my arms.

"Look at me Amiyah." he says, taking my face in his hands and turning me himself. "Now what you mad about huh? Tell me, mama."

"I already told you I wasn't mad, but you 'bout to make me mad if you don't let my face go."

"What's your problem ma? Did I do something wrong?"

"I don't know, did you?" I retort, trying hard not to roll my eyes.

Of course he did something wrong. Usually I wouldn't care, but I can't just kiss D and then act like everything is normal, and it infuriates me that he can and is. Like what type of fucked up shit is that?

I honestly don't even know why I care so much it's not like I want to date him or anything. Right? He's my best friend, and he doesn't even see me that way which is why I don't even know why he asked me to kiss him in the first place. Then again why did I give in so quickly?

Must be the female hormones because it couldn't have been me.

"Amiyah?" he calls to me.

"Hm?" I say, blinking to focus back on his face.

"What's going on, baby?"

Stop the track.

Baby???

"You need to stop saying things and doing things like that."

"Like what?"

"Don't play dumb, Darious you know what I'm talking about."

"Enlighten me, baby."

I huff out of frustration and stare straight into his eyes. "That. The nicknames, the touching, the possessiveness, the asking for kisses. I can handle a lot D, but I can't handle that. Don't play with my feelings like that." I finish, looking anywhere but him.

"Who said I'm playin'?"

I snap my eyes back to him. I am honestly speechless. What do I say to that?

"Say what now?"

He grips my jaw tighter and brings my face closer to his. "Who said I'm playin' Amiyah? Nobody but you, right? You wanna talk about the kiss, then we can talk about it. You know damn well I'm not the one who's been avoiding it."

"So you're saying I have? Let's be for real here D. You can't just sit up here and ac- what are you doing?"

My sentence gets cut off and my question gets answered by Darious gently moving my jaw forward to mold our lips together and using his other hand to grasp the side of my face effectively keeping me in place.

"D, please don-" I try to move away, but he keeps me in place.

"Shhh, not so fast mama. Not when it's just getting good." he whispers against my lips.