Chapter 7

Stella's P. O. V:

As I was sleeping that night, I dream of our horses fidgeting in their stalls.

I sit up with a gasp, "Aurora!! Olaf!! Flicka!!" Just then, I hear the house phone ringing. It falls silent after a moment as my mum picks it up.

I jump out of bed and race to the top of the stairs just as dad and Levi appear. "Mum, what is it?!"

She appears at the bottom of the stairs and says, face looking worried, "That was Frank just now. The stables are on fire. We need to leave."

I nod frantically before I go and snatch my pink night gown and tug on my boots. Levi and dad grab jackets and boots.

I race out the door to dad's four wheel drive and we get in, before we drive off to Bright Fields.

When we get there, I see that just about all the horses were in the field. Zoe and Becky were there, Maggie too.

"Aurora!" I exclaim.

"Flicka?!" Mum calls worriedly.

"Olaf?!" Levi calls, gazing around for the Andalusian.

"Bob!" Becky exclaims as I rest my hand on a bay horse's rump. "Someone's let the horses out." I spot no Bob, Aurora, Olaf, Flicka or Raven.

I say, "They're okay! They're okay. Aurora!"

"Flicka!" Adds Mum.

"Olaf!" Gasps Levi.

"Raven!" Zoe calls.

"Bob!" Becky shouts.

Zoe and I keep calling for our horses until Raven, Aurora, Flicka and Olaf come trotting from the stables, whinnying fearfully.

"Aurora!" I breathe in immense relief at the same time mum and Levi do, as our horses come over to us and I hug Aurora as mum cups Flicka's muzzle and Levi places his hand comfortingly on Olaf's forelock. They appear to be unharmed, making me feel even more relieved. "There's no need for you to be scared anymore. You're all safe now." I hug her neck tightly, Aurora snorting softly.

"Where's Bob?" Becky asks worriedly. She looks around for the Gypsy pony as Zoe's family joins us. "Bob?!"

"Becky, Stella, Zoe!" Maggie, mum, and dad call, jogging over with Levi.

"Bob, where are you?!" Becky calls as Elliott pulls up and my parents and brother run into the field with Elliott and Mia.

"Where's Firefly?" Mia asks fearfully.

"How did the horses get here?!" Dad asks, gazing around.

I reply, turning to him, "Someone must've let them out!"

"I can't see Firefly!" Mia gasps, worry in her features.

Maggie says, "13 horses. We're missing two."

Becky says, "They must still be in the stables."

"Firefly?! Firefly!" Mia exclaims as we watch the flames rise higher. We jump back when they burst upward. "No!" Mia starts running towards the burning stables.

"Mia, no! It's too dangerous!" Zoe yells as the rest of us chase after the brunette.

"I'm coming, Firefly!"

"Mia, stop!!" Her dad and my parents and brother shout.

"Bob's in there!" Becky says.

"Don't you dare...!" Maggie screams.

We swerve to the side just as Firefly comes cantering out of the flames, Bob hot on his heels.

"Get back!" Elliott calls.