New start

"She's gone. Deal with it."
Those were the words of your parents after you suffered the loss of your grandmother, retired pro hero and the only person in this damn world that didn't hate or resent you.

It's been three whole months since then, but the whole event keeps playing over and over in your head.
Especially now, standing in front of her house with your older sister, Anko.

Anko is just a few years older then you. She's a sidekick at Edgeshot's company and she has been your parent's favorite. You inherited your grandmother's quirk - air control, meanwhile she got mixture of your parent's quirk - she could shoot void lasers or produce them like tentacles.

Their marriage was just another quirk marriage and plain trying to get powerful kids. They succeeded with their firstborn, but for them, you were a failure since your quirk has manifested.

Anko didn't really hate you or resent you like your parents did, but to her, you were just a lost cause and inferior person that she had to look out for.

She didn't have any rigth to feel that way. Yes she is really talented. But so are you, and you were going to prove it by totally blasting the U.A. entrance exam.

Other than that, you were happy that she decided to move in with you. Yeah, it also kinda was because her job is closer than the house you moved into a few years ago.

All of this used to be your childhood. Your safe place. You were born in that house and so was your sister. So many memories were coming to your mind just by looking at it.

That big gate that you used to open every morning, big front and back yard with big playground that your grandma put up for you, two swings, a sandbox and a big red slide where you used to play with your best friend Shinso...

"We used to be best friends at least... I wonder if things will be back how they used to be" you said for yourself.

You knew him since forever, he was your first and only friend.. You basically grew up together, did everything together... it all changed when your parents forcefully moved you. That was the last time you saw Shinso and your grandmother.

Flashback

You were woken up by your mother. She was in such a hurry that she pulled you up and showed you clothes in your hands

"Get dressed and pack most important stuff, we're leaving. We'll buy you new clothes, just quickly get some stuff for now." she said before she left your room.

You were almost frozen. You couldn't even process the information.
"Why are we moving?" ; "Where are we moving?" ; were just some of your thoughts, but your most important thought that made your heart sink was "How am I going to say goodbye to Shinso?"

He was always your first and last thought. You wanted to just run to his house, but that would make your parents angry. It really seemed like they were in a rush.

You used your quirk to quickly pack your stuff and save some time to ask your granny for help.

You ran downstairs and saw that she was already waiting for you. She instantly pulled you in for a hug. You cried and cried... tears just wouldn't stop falling.

"Dear, I'm so sorry. Please stay strong for me, I don't like to see your beautiful eyes all teary and sad." she spoke in her usual calming tone that always calmed you down. But that couldn't help you today.

"I don't want to leave! We still have training to do, we still have to make a lot of pancakes, drink apple juice with Shinso, you gotta watch us play in front yard... I don't want to leave granny..." you wishpered, trying not to scream in pain