One.

Pain.

That's all I could feel. Pain became my friend, the only thing I had. I had no family, nor friends. My parents never loved me, far away from that. They disgust me. That was probably the reason why they dumped me. Yes, they dumped me. They gave me to some crazy scientists. Like a.. Gift? No, no, I wasn't a gift, far away from it. They weren't even pleased to have me, probably they immediately wanted to kill me, not using me. However, they didn't. Someone said I could be useful for their experiments. Someone called Baron von Strucker. He was the boss, so they listened.

I probably describe myself as trash, but that's how they treated me. Just like others. They got a trashcan, where they put all their experiments trash. Some of them were children, I've never seen them again, like everyone actually. After my first day of experiments, halve of the people were gone. Everyday they would grab me, others, with them and everyday I returned, the number of people would be less. It was terrifying, knowing that you could be dead any minute. On the other hand I wanted to be dead, but something in me said I could do it, that I had something to fight for.

The pain was too heavy to fight for. I wanted it to stop, hoping that one day I wouldn't survive the tests. But everytime, I did.

They used this thing called the scepter. I don't know how they used it, but a lot of energy was put in me. I heard them talking about "powers" and "enhanced". I didn't know what it meant, but now I do.

They literally made me enhanced and gave me special powers. I can make fire, out of nowhere. My eyes would glow red when I'm angry and my hands would produce fire. It's not something I'm proud of, far away from it. But because of the ability to make fire, they respected me more. Now, I actually wouldn't call it respect, more like "didn't treat me as trash". They were a lot nicer, easier and more careful. Because of that, I thought I was the only one that survived. Again, I didn't felt proud, nor relieved. All these people had to die, because of such pain. I knew how they felt, but something inside me kept going what they probably didn't have. It makes me feel sad, sometimes I cry about this thought.

Where I'm also thinking about is, why they did it. Why were they so eager to create enhanced people? Are they going to use me as a weapon, or send me on missions? It wouldn't be logical if they kept me inside forever. I guess I just had to wait here, in my cell.

Like they could read my mind, the door of my cell opened and some HYDRA agents stepped inside.

"Follow us," one of them said while the other grabbed my arm and tugged me to my feet. I obeyed and followed them, like a good prisoner. They brought me to the usual, the cold metal table. They didn't need to say anything, I already knew I had to lay down on the table.

They tied my arms and legs, so I couldn't escape or heavily move during their experiment. I gulped, still not ready for the pain. I would never get used to it, doesn't matter how many times I've been through it.

So many questions were in my head, so many I need an answer to, what I will never get.

"You seem quite ready" von Strucker said, appearing next to me. I wanted to respond that I was never ready for this, but I shut my mouth. I shouldn't let them show my weakness, although that's where I was made from.

"Let's say, I'm really proud of my work. You are a strong girl, stronger than I thought. I never thought you would survive these experiments, but now you're one of the best" he said with an accent which made me want to throw up. I still kept my mouth shut, hoping to hear some good news.

"After today, you are ready. We are going to make you stronger for the real fighting." I gulped, one last time Katherina, just one more. Von Strucker took a few steps back, grinning widely at his work. The other scientists made everything ready for the last experiment.