02; Arrowhead

title: Arrowhead

author: lydiamartn

love interest: Steve Rogers

summary: 

❝As the eagle was killed by the arrow winged with his own feather, so the hand of the world is wounded by its own skill.❞

review from: dunbars

i have read many avengers fanfics in my time and i have to say that arrowhead is one of my favourites. at the time that i write this, there's only one chapter and a prologue posted so far, so there's sadly not yet much interaction between the protagonist eleanor and steve rogers, the love interest, but what makes up for the lack of an otp thus far is the amazing character that the author has created which is eleanor. she is totally bad ass, but her struggles and emotions feel totally lifelike and relatable in a way that the reader can easily sympathise with eleanor for her tragic life. everything eleanor says makes me want to punch the air and scream, "YES!" like a geek obsessed with a superstar (which eleanor is, tbh). eleanor's relationship with her uncle clint barton and his family makes me super jealous (why can't my family be that cool??) and everytime they have an interaction ("seriously, clint! i have my own last name." "not anymore, barton number four." i legit think i started squealing at this point in the prologue) i want to just hug them. eleanor's reaction when she discovered her uncle was "compromised" (in natasha's words herself) made me want to cry and i honestly want to tell her that her uncle will be okay at the end of the avengers. but sadly, eleanor doesnt know this fact as of yet, but hopefully by the end of this book she will find out her uncle is as happy as larry, and she'll have her bae captain america by her side. and tbh, i can't wait to read and find out (as you can probably tell from the fangirling mess that is this review).

quotes from readers:

"this is so freaking amazing and willa is like perfect for  eleanor. i love this sfm already omfg" - adhockery

"BEST DAY EVER. CANNOT LITERALLY WAIT FOR THIS TO START LIKE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" - _applejuice

"this is amazing omg i want an uncle clint too" - -hyacinthus