2 - I Caught You In My Arms Again

The second time Lan Xichen had saw him again, it was when he was patrolling around Cloud Recesses despite the rainy night.

It was for seeing how well-behaved and mannered the guest disciples are. Funnily enough, there is someone who is rather brave to break the rules.

It was the same peculiar hair color that is akin to a blood that greeted him. The same shade as the parasol he was holding to cover himself from the rain.

He was swift and agile, maybe that was why the redhead easily slipped away from the pavements in Gusu.

Thankfully, Lan Xichen had caught him in time as he felt a wave of deja vu.

He encircled his one arm around the latter's waist and swung him around easily, red hair cascaded in a beautiful manner as reddish-brown eyes looked down against his with shock and an agaped mouth.

"Careful, the ground is slippery since it's raining." Lan Xichen softly says, making his hold on the redhead more firm so that they both won't fall to the ground.

"Ah, many thanksㅡ!"

As he leans the parasol towards the redhead for him to stop from getting wet, Lan Xichen smiles as he savored the bubbly feeling emanating from his chest.

"You really have a knack of slipping around Gusu, don't you?"

He said those words while carrying the redhead in his arms still.

Lan Xichen chuckles before deciding to settle the redhead in a more sturdy ground. He laments at the sudden loss of warmth before shrugging it off and then bowed in greeting.

"It was an honor to finally meet the famous redhead of Yunmeng, though it surprised me that you have the affinity to break the rules of Cloud Recesses."

It was funny enough, to see the panicked eyes of the redhead despite his stoic face.

He was similar to his little brother, Lan Wangji, both donning an expressionless face but so easy to read for Lan Xichen.

"I can explainㅡ"

Just then, another voice resounded as they both looked at one of the roofs in Cloud Recesses.

"Emperor's Smile! I'll give you a jar, so could you pretend you never saw me?"

Lan Xichen praised himself for managing to stop a loud laugh erupt from him. Looking at the other Wei before looking back again towards the redhead.

'The both of them had grown mature the last time I saw them.'

Even now, Wei Wuxian is with Lan Wangji, while Wei Xianghuan is with Lan Xichen.

Though it seems that their little brothers had forgotten their encounter when they were still children.

The both of them remembered still.

Lan Xichen and Wei Xun looked at each other again, the older easily discerning the thoughts of the redhead as the latter simply sighed.

"Should I just faint and say I was sleepwalking?"

Lan Xichen chuckles, finding it amusing at how easy he laughs or smile whenever he's with the redhead.

He then says, "You're brave saying that in front of Gusu's future Sect Leader."

It was supposed to be a teasing remark, but it seems that Wei Xun is a bit close in meeting His Highness Xie Lian with the way he looks at the older in exasperation.

Before Lan Xichen could tell the redhead to forget what he just said, Wei Xun announced, "Faint it is."

As the redhead let himself fall into the arms of the older, Lan Xichen this time, couldn't help but laugh out loudly as he earns the attention of his little brother and Wei Wuxian. His hold on his parasol was readjusted to accommodate the very light weight of the man in his embrace.