12: Just Friends.

Mark hasn't come up with a plan regarding telling Nabi he was the artist Mark Lee she liked so much

Mark hasn't come up with a plan regarding telling Nabi he was the artist Mark Lee she liked so much. He thought that maybe it was still to soon to do that and tried to think of a perfect plan and scenario for that to happen.

He had texted Nabi the same day they met at the flower shop, telling her that the new song of his actually did fit her situation a lot, the same as it fit his and his ex girlfriend's. After all, the song wasn't solely based on Nabi's relationship with Xiaojun but also on his first love - the couples' troubles just managed to awaken those feelings and memories in Mark which resulted in him composing the song.

His mom had called him and asked to come over with Johnny for dinner since she missed both of them so much. She had made the older's favorite soup and only hearing about that made Johnny's mouth water. When they got to her house, she welcomed them both with hugs - especially Johnny. Mark chuckled at the sight and shook his head. It really seemed like she treated him like her own son.

"How's your music going, honey?"

Mark took a sip of his drink to help swallow the delicious food she made. "Pretty good. I'm finishing up my EP and will be sending it out to producers and all."

The woman gasped and smiled widely. "That's great, honey! I'm so proud of you."

"Thanks, mom." the boy smiled back thankfully. He was grateful that she didn't try to push him into college and settling with a job he'd hate. One of his main goals once he became an artist was to support her financially so she wouldn't have to work anymore and just focus on doing what she desired.

"I think not only music is going pretty good in his life." Johnny teased and was met with Mark's sigh.

"Dude, shut up."

The older shrugged while smirking which interested the woman who wanted to know more.

"He's just being annoying, it's nothing, mom."

The woman looked at Johnny who's face said otherwise so she kept on asking for details. "He met a girl." Johnny blurred out.

"Yeah, a friend." Mark enunciated the word.

"What girl? Tell me everything!"

"She's just a friend, mom. What is wrong with you both?" he chuckled, hoping they'd change the subject if he acted unbothered. It was true that he immediately found her attractive as soon as he laid his eyes on her - but that was something that was just obvious to the eye - and she intrigued him by how bright, bubbly, caring and loving she was and they did get along so well as it they knew each other for ages, but once he knew she wasn't single his little crush had disappeared. He tried to avoid her for awhile because he didn't believe in boy and girl friendships, but she proved him wrong. Ever since then, he just wanted to continue their friendship and treated her like a friend would.

"I don't know, I think there's something between them that they don't want to admit." Johnny kept on smirking.

"We met not that long ago, dude. I don't think anyone can fall in love that fast."

"You did once."

Mark shot Johnny a stare which made the older realize he shouldn't have brought that up.

"Yeah and look what happened."

"I'm sorry, bro, I didn't mean to."

The younger took another bite of the food and exhaled as he swallowed. "It's ok, I'm over it now."

"Honey," the woman put her hand on Mark's. "You shouldn't let that ruin your future relationships. Not every girl is like her. You two just weren't meant to be, that's all. Nothing more, nothing less."

"I know, mom."

"So, just promise me that if you feel something special for someone - maybe this new girl or maybe someone else - don't be afraid to take action."

Mark looked at Johnny and back at his mom. He let out a small sigh and nodded, giving her a slightly forced smile.

"So, now tell me all about her."

Mark put down the fork and knife that was in his hands and stood up. "Ok, that's it, I'm going to get some beers."

Johnny and Mark's mom started laughing, finding the boy cute which was why they loved to tease him so much. It was his mom but Mark felt like the other two were getting along on a totally different level - almost like best friends as well. He shook his head as he put on his shoes and a jacket and laughed before leaving the house.

He didn't bring his headphones since he didn't think he'd be going anywhere alone but immediately regretted that choice since the walk without music blasting through his ears wasn't as fun. Thankfully the convenience store wasn't far from the house so he got there quickly. When he was about to walk in, someone walking out bumped into him.

"Oh, sorry." he smiled softly as he turned around to apologize.

Mark nodded, gesturing that it was ok but froze a little when he saw the guy's face. His brows furrowed as he stared at him for a little too long since he noticed.

"Is there something wrong?" he asked with brows furrowed as well, confused at the stare from the stranger.

Mark shook his head and chuckled awkwardly. "No, sorry, you just reminded me of someone."

The other smiled and they went their separate ways after bowing.

"Do you know who he might've meant?" said the guy's friend that walked beside him.

"Probably my sister since we're twins." Jeno chuckled.

just a cute little fill-in chapter to get to know mark's mom better 💕 she's so cute

also mark meeting jeno like that heheh