Chapter 3: Death

After absolutely murdering Macy, I got through the day terrified about what would happen when the most popular guy in school came to my house. I lived with my mum and my brother, it was the three of us. I didn't really get along with my mum but I always had my brother on my side and that was definitely a bonus because whenever mum and I argued he would always step in and mediate.
What if Lance told everyone bad things about me or even worse my family??!!!
I was totally freaking out so I called Macy. She lives about two streets down from me so it didn't take long for her to arrive at my house to listen to my endless thought process of how many things would go wrong.
Thirty minutes into my rant which consisted of crying, screaming and gibberish, the doorbell rang. I checked the time. It was 6:55 he was early, well he could wait.
Five minutes later Macy decided that it was time to leave me to live through this living hell by myself. I opened the door and waved goodbye to Macy who awkwardly bumped into Lance.
For a split second they both stood on my doorstep and just stared.
"See you later Natipoo" she said in her best baby voice.
"Bye Macymoo" I said sarcastically mimicking her stupid voice.
I stood there staring as Macy drove off. Then I flashed back to reality and realised that Lance was just standing there with a smirk on his face.
"What? Why are you smirking? Something funny" I said sounding more defensive than I meant to.
"Nothing...Natipoo"
Oh God.
"Just get inside. We're doing it in my bedroom."
"Girls are usually more subtle when they want to do me but I can handle a girl who knows what she wants."
OMG! I just asked him to do it in my bedroom. Nooooo. I was silently killing myself and dying of embarrassment inside. I felt the heat rush to my cheeks.
"Not like that. I most definitely...do not want to do you." I said walking up the stairs facing the other way trying to hide my bright pink face.
He chuckled slightly "Im kidding, it was a joke."
I was silent, I didn't know what to say.

**********************************
1 hour later

We made a good start on the Chemistry project which was great. I guess because he was a jock and popular, I assumed he was dumb and boy was I wrong. We actually worked really well together. We complimented each other very nicely...in terms of the project.
At the end of our session we'd done a lot. I showed him to the door and said "Same time next week?"
"Erm..Yeah okay. I should be good, if I'm not then I'll tell you in school."
"Okay then..." I didn't know how to end the conversation. *Mentally face palms*
God, why do I have to be so awkward. "See you later"
"Okay"
"Bye"
Oh god he was expecting me to say bye. Why is it so hard, it's just one word. Ive just been standing here and at this point he's staring at me with a confused look.
"Yeah bye..." I muttered
Lance turned away and hopped into his car. I shut the door to my house and groaned loudly...
Now to fill Macy in with the gruesome details.